To keep or not to keep - beige slg

daisy.b55

Aug 16, 2017
Hi - I recently purchased a beige wallet, which I love. However, I am getting concerened with color transfer. I use LV bags a lot in DE print w/ red interior. Currently though just using a Prada backpack as its so easy. However, does any one have any tips on keeping light colored SLGs in reasonable condition? Mine is zippy so it has light fabric as well. I do intend to have this be a daily wallet, so not sure if I should exchange for a darker tone, but I truly love the color and can't justify 2 wallets at the moment.

It must fit your lifestyle and habits, I sold my lambskins and light colors because I know I cannot keep them looking nice. Especially a daily wallet, I’d pick a darker color if I had your concerns.

Personal experience- I had a iridescent white cambon wallet from ages ago and it did not wear well. Maybe your caviar will wear better but I would not buy light color wallets again. I used it inside my black jumbo (black leather interior) and the color transfer to wallet was very bad.

Your beige wallet is very beautiful. But for daily use, a dark color wallet stays new for a longer time than a light color one. The navy one you posted on the other thread is also very beautiful, not much different from a black one. The following is the current seasonal zipped medium wallet. You can ask Chanel customer service if it's available in US or not.

Thank you all. I take pretty good care of my things, but I feel like damage would happen like if something spill etc. the other color in considering is this midnight blue below.

Attachments

• CA7C1C24-8910-45D2-8D0E-64173AF0295C.png
    CA7C1C24-8910-45D2-8D0E-64173AF0295C.png
    881.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 551742AA-FC1C-4D57-86A1-945A36CAD648.jpeg
    551742AA-FC1C-4D57-86A1-945A36CAD648.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 893A815D-77C4-43B3-BE5E-469004281E8F.jpeg
    893A815D-77C4-43B3-BE5E-469004281E8F.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 26
Your beige wallet is very beautiful. But for daily use, a dark color wallet stays new for a longer time than a light color one. The navy one you posted on the other thread is also very beautiful, not much different from a black one. The following is the current seasonal zipped medium wallet. You can ask Chanel customer service if it's available in US or not.

thank you for this!

REALLY love the beige! I had similar concerns when I picked up my 19B light grey wallet (in caviar). I don't baby my SLGs at all and have transferred it from bag to bag or carried it around on hand and I haven't experienced any colour transfer or wear. I know that different colours react differently so my comment may be null and void but I'd vote to stick with it!

Reactions: daisy.b55
REALLY love the beige! I had similar concerns when I picked up my 19B light grey wallet (in caviar). I don't baby my SLGs at all and have transferred it from bag to bag or carried it around on hand and I haven't experienced any colour transfer or wear. I know that different colours react differently so my comment may be null and void but I'd vote to stick with it!

appreciate it, thank you! It’s a lovely beige - one of my favorite colors and I lean towards neutrals. I think if I keep, I just need to accept wear and tear on it.