To keep or not to keep?! (Alma BB in Amarante)

Amarante is beautiful, but if your concerns are going to impede your enjoyment of the bag, I say return it. It's an expensive purchase and if you're not really happy with it I think you should put your money toward something that you will be thrilled with. For now, just keep thinking about it. :smile:

Yeah and that's what I keep thinking about is that it's an expensive purchase...so still debating. Thank you!

Before I cut the tag off of this baby, can I ask you guys one last question?

Would these things bother you or make you want to return & wait for another one to come along?

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

So this is the slight creasing on the handles. This is my first vernis piece w the vernis handle so I'm not sure if this is just normal...

photo 3.JPG

This one is a little indentation from the key...again, this is my first vernis piece with this so I'm not sure if this is normal.

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Lastly, there are 2-3 nicks on the base...would you guys return because of this?

I know I'm being nit-picky but I just want to make sure...again, thank you so much for all the input! I really do love the bag, I just want to be sure about before making the cut :smile:

Last edited:
Before I cut the tag off of this baby, can I ask you guys one last question?

Would these things bother you or make you want to return & wait for another one to come along?

View attachment 2711491

View attachment 2711492

So this is the slight creasing on the handles. This is my first vernis piece w the vernis handle so I'm not sure if this is just normal...

View attachment 2711493

This one is a little indentation from the key...again, this is my first vernis piece with this so I'm not sure if this is normal.

View attachment 2711494

View attachment 2711495

Lastly, there are 2-3 nicks on the base...would you guys return because of this?

I know I'm being nit-picky but I just want to make sure...again, thank you so much for all the input! I really do love the bag, I just want to be sure about before making the cut :smile:

You're going to have slight creasing on the handles of the vernis, its normal...for the clochette, you could take the keys out and maybe the dent could work itself out.....I'm not sure about the nicks, will they bother you?

You're going to have slight creasing on the handles of the vernis, its normal...for the clochette, you could take the keys out and maybe the dent could work itself out.....I'm not sure about the nicks, will they bother you?

I don't think they really bother me but just wasn't sure if it's worth waiting for another one...just out of curiosity, would you personally wait for another one or no? And I'm def gonna try to take out the keys and see now that works. I assumed that e creasing is normal but just wanted to double check.

Again, thank you so much! You've been so helpful!

I have an alma bb in epi black and it is my most used bag. Then again, I carry around nothing but my phone, cles, and sunglasses but I love it. Definitely my favorite bag in my collection.

I don't think they really bother me but just wasn't sure if it's worth waiting for another one...just out of curiosity, would you personally wait for another one or no? And I'm def gonna try to take out the keys and see now that works. I assumed that e creasing is normal but just wanted to double check.

Again, thank you so much! You've been so helpful!

You're welcome!
The creasing in the handle is going to happen, that would not bother me. Its hard for me to say if the dent in the clochette and bag would bother me without seeing it in person. Not sure but you may be able to get the clochette dent out. Vernis alma bb's don't get listed too often, ,I don't know when another amarante one would be available on Yoogis.

I have an alma bb in epi black and it is my most used bag. Then again, I carry around nothing but my phone, cles, and sunglasses but I love it. Definitely my favorite bag in my collection.

I know not a lot of ppl don't use their vernis alma bb as an everyday bag and I'm not saying I would use it everyday but I def wouldn't just use it for special occasion...feel like it's too much money to just let sit inthe dust bag. So I def plan on wearing it a decent amount. Thanks for the input too!

You're welcome!
The creasing in the handle is going to happen, that would not bother me. Its hard for me to say if the dent in the clochette and bag would bother me without seeing it in person. Not sure but you may be able to get the clochette dent out. Vernis alma bb's don't get listed too often, ,I don't know when another amarante one would be available on Yoogis.

That's kinda what I was thinking...whether or not it would be a risk to take if I was to return it. I'm gonna try to get the dent out from the clochette and see how that goes and I guess go from there. Thanks!

That's kinda what I was thinking...whether or not it would be a risk to take if I was to return it. I'm gonna try to get the dent out from the clochette and see how that goes and I guess go from there. Thanks!

It sounds like you want to keep it so I think you may regret it if you return..Think about it for a couple of days.....let us know what you decide...:smile:

It sounds like you want to keep it so I think you may regret it if you return..Think about it for a couple of days.....let us know what you decide...:smile:

I do lol I just want to make sure I'm making he right decisions and not settling since it is a big purchase.

The dent in the clochette would bother me...you pay so much for it that it should be perfect.

Pin trying to de-dent it as we speak :smile: so we'll see how that works...and yeah, def my concerns are coming from the fact that it is a big purchase. Just making sure I'm not settling but again, will I be able to get one that's in perfect condition pre-loved, at this price? That's the question I'm asking myself right now.

Responding to these messages really makes me think and is helping me in making my decision. Thanks again so much guys!

Keep her! I had the same thoughts.. Maybe it's too small blah, blah... When it comes down to it what do u really carry with u all the time? Keys, cell phone, wallet?? Done. It all fits. Plus some room for a lipstick/ chap stick and maybe a camera if u are going out somewhere where a camera is needed. I have the alma bb in rose velours and love it. Very hesitant at first but have no regrets. Love the crossbody option. Plus with the dark color u have u don't really have to worry about color transfer ❤️