• YAS!!

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • NOP

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

arcana

O.G.
Feb 28, 2013
I just purchased this lovely item from ss17 act 2. Despite knowing the Chanel lingo, I don't actually own a lot of Chanel. I have a black woc and that's it. I love the size of the rectangular mini but I'm wondering if I'll get a lot of use out of it. I don't actually see a lot of Chanel on the streets of new york to be honest and I'm wondering if I'll wear it a lot. What's your opinion ladies n gents? Keep or not? Is this color easy to pair with? I wear a lot of dark colors and a lot of red but I only like blue red so I picked up this blue instead of the orange-y red this season.
The color is a bit darker without flash and in out door lighting. It is caviar but it's not flat or matte, it's kind of shiny.
Side note, the chain length on the rectangular mini this season is shorter than previous

Attachments

• bluemini.JPG
    bluemini.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:
It's a gorgeous blue. I think you cannpair this blue in both formal and informal outfits. It will also go with black and grey.

Interesting news on the chain length, I didn't know about it! I will check tonight.

Good luck deciding.

Try it on with a few of your outfits to see if it actually goes with your wardrobe. If it brings you joy, keep it! If it gives you anxiety, return it! There will always be something in future seasons you'll love :smile:

haha I just bought Marie Kondo's book! Will read it soon!
I actually have a story for this bag and I think it's influencing how much I like it because it was not easy to get. I had a SA put a reservation on the bag for me because she's great and doesn't mind helping a customer even if I'm not a regular. She was on vacation when I picked it up. I took it home and realized there's a very very obvious loose stitch on the bottom. Should've checked it in the store but I really hate going to the Chanel boutique and staying there any longer than I have to. I went back the next day to see if I can get it exchanged and ran into two terrible SAs with attitudes. One of them basically told me the bag is "perfect" and I should take it home and just use it. She said that if it is a defect I will know as soon as I use it because it'll unravel and then they'll take it back to fix. BUT I JUST BOUGHT THE BAG! Even the plastic's still on all the hardware. I didn't spent 3500 dollars on a bag with a loose stitch! She wouldn't even entertain the idea of an exchange and told me automatically they don't have any more stock in the back. Then she said if i want, I can wait for another SA to be available to take a look... but only to see if it can be shipped back to Chanel to be restitched. I went to another SA and guess what... I got an exchange right away. (And I guess she magically found stock in the back.)

I actually have a story for this bag and I think it's influencing how much I like it because it was not easy to get. I had a SA put a reservation on the bag for me because she's great and doesn't mind helping a customer even if I'm not a regular. She was on vacation when I picked it up. I took it home and realized there's a very very obvious loose stitch on the bottom. Should've checked it in the store but I really hate going to the Chanel boutique and staying there any longer than I have to. I went back the next day to see if I can get it exchanged and ran into two terrible SAs with attitudes. One of them basically told me the bag is "perfect" and I should take it home and just use it. She said that if it is a defect I will know as soon as I use it because it'll unravel and then they'll take it back to fix. BUT I JUST BOUGHT THE BAG! Even the plastic's still on all the hardware. I didn't spent 3500 dollars on a bag with a loose stitch! She wouldn't even entertain the idea of an exchange and told me automatically they don't have any more stock in the back. Then she said if i want, I can wait for another SA to be available to take a look... but only to see if it can be shipped back to Chanel to be restitched. I went to another SA and guess what... I got an exchange right away. (And I guess she magically found stock in the back.)

interestingly enough, i had a loose stitch on my mini (the orange-y red one you passed on) as well. unfortunately, i bought mine in europe and only had the opportunity to do the repair (the chanel boutique did not order any square mini's). i do think difficulties make you wonder about whether you want it. maybe sit on it for a few days and decide if you still love it or not?

Yes, love that book! It's very eye opening!

The idea of scarcity is a trap we all fall into, myself included. It's the idea of "this bag is hard to find/rare/an investment piece so I should really keep it because who knows if I'll find it in the future!" But really, ALL of Chanel's bags induce this mindset, (great marketing / inventory control on their part ;) ). It induces this idea that we're "lucky" to come across a bag. Plus, it's further enforced by our encounters with SA's and how we're once again, 'lucky' that they'll help us acquire a bag. We get this high that we've come across a rarity! Oh that high is so addicting! I can also relate to interactions with SA's and not wanting to stay in a Chanel store more than I need to -- I get so much anxiety!

But in reality when the high fades, we've literally spent THOUSANDS of dollars for a bag. So yes, it better be perfect and joy inducing! It also better be something we actually like and will ACTUALLY use (unless you have other plans for it!), not something we keep just because of the journey it took for us to get it. Otherwise, we've just blown a TON of hard earned money on something we don't really love, won't really use, just got caught up in the high of and/or were too anxiety driven to return.

If you're the least bit hesitant, I'd say return and don't look back :biggrin: There will always be a new bag they put out that you'll love. I can't count the number of times i've "regretted" not purchasing a bag only for a new one to come out that I like even more! Buy the bags that make your heart flutter :biggrin: I agree with what hollyyih said, keep it for a small bit and see if you still like it before the end of the return period.

TL:biggrin:R about my long rant, keep the beauty if it's something you actually really like and will actually use. Put aside the story of how hard it was to get, and think long term about how it fits in your wardrobe, is practical to your lifestyle, joy vs anxiety inducing, etc.

Good luck with your decision! :biggrin:

This is a pretty bag. [emoji846] Like you, I only like blue reds and not orangey ones so I also passed on the red. However, I also am picky with my blues and (in the brighter blue range) I only like purple blues rather than grey blues like the one you got. It doesn't have a lot of grey but there is a touch of grey or maybe even a tiny bit of green (based on what I've seen in person). I would love a true royal/electric blue like the blue roi they had a few years back.

For me, I would also be on the fence getting this bag, mostly because it's hard to get haha. The color I like but don't love. Hope this helps.

I wear usually dark, neutral colors and have several bright blue bags in varying shades that don't get carried enough because they don't really work with my wardrobe. On the other hand, I have Chanels in red, navy, iridescent purple, turquoise and pink that get worn regularly, so it is possible to find "pops" of color that work with your wardrobe, but for me bright blue isn't one of them. You are the only one who really knows your wardrobe and what will work, so even though the color is beautiful, if you are hesitant that it will get much use I vote to return it. GLD!

I just bought this same bag and I love love it!! I wasn't sure after reading a few opinions here but to be honest I loved it as soon as I saw my SA walked across the room towards me with the bag, lol! This is a different blue to 10C blue roi (I have this in the jumbo), the 17S blue is more towards cobalt than purplish royal blue. I find the 17S to be very wearable yet still a vibrant pop of colour. I say keep your mini. I'm definitely keeping mine :biggrin:

If you only wear dark colors and have black bags, this wouldn't have been my choice of color either! I wear the same dark colors and only neutrals (black, white, grey and beige)... If I wanted to deviate from black bags my next choice would be a beige bag or a grey bag. The silver minis are cute too. I'd pass on the blue. That color is very bright!!