To Heel & Back: The Yves Saint Laurent "Tribute" Mary Janes

I loved this shoe when I saw them in the Vogue months back and the SA called me to try them on as soon as they got them.

Sadly, I went home empty handed. :crybaby: Even in the carpeted boutique, every step I took made me feel like I was going to take a tumble and crack my head open. And ME, whose shoe collection consists of 20+ pairs of 5inch heels! :shrugs:

I saw these when I was in Paris, and really wanted them. I didn't get them then because I thought certainly I could get them at teh YSL boutique here. To no avail. The boutique here still has these crazy platform versions, but what I want is the regular version. I agree the pic posted in the OP is extreme, but it's quite a classy-looking shoe without the platform and with slightly less extreme heel. The closest I have been able to find here is on the saks website. I would rather have the mary jane, but the slingback may have to do!

Attachments

• tribute.jpg
    tribute.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 57
Those are beautiful. And yes, they do look sort of fetishy but I like that! I probably would never buy them though. That's a little too high to wear to work and I rarely wear heels anywhere else.

What I find interesting is how our relationship and perception of the high heel has changed over the last couple years. We have quite the homage going to the YSL tributes, for example, which has an equally high heel!

What I find interesting is how our relationship and perception of the high heel has changed over the last couple years. We have quite the homage going to the YSL tributes, for example, which has an equally high heel!

Isnt it funny? I was reading the thread and though hmm...by now so many of us are in love with these lol
and they look so amazing on btw and not really fetishy at all in my opinion