To Heat Stamp or No?

joanabanana

Jan 6, 2013
In my happy place. :)
Hello again ladies!

I just want to ask or to seek for any recommendations/advices from you especially those who had heat stamped their LV bags. Do you ever regret some of your bags having hot stamped? If ever you do, what is the reason why?

And for those who don't do hot stamping, what is the reason you don't have it?

I'm twisted between the idea of whether to get my bags hot stamped or not.

Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks for your help. :smile:

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have no bags heat-stamped. The only thing I have ever heatstamped is my carousel keychain that I got last month. I'm really not into it. I have not even brought myself to heatstamped my wallet or passport cover yet I got DHs wallet heatstamped. It's not eva rly about resale though I think about it. I just feel like it is kind of trendy at the moment. I would like a mon mono speedy b when they come out and I should get my luggage tags heatstamped, but I can't bring myself to "tatoo" my bag. Like my friend says - you don't put bumper stickers on a Ferrari.

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
U.S.A
Hello again ladies!

I just want to ask or to seek for any recommendations/advices from you especially those who had heat stamped their LV bags. Do you ever regret some of your bags having hot stamped? If ever you do, what is the reason why?

And for those who don't do hot stamping, what is the reason you don't have it?

I'm twisted between the idea of whether to get my bags hot stamped or not.

Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks for your help. :smile:
I just have my wallet but haven't done any bags. I don't think I'd do any bags just in case I have to re-sell but I don't buy my bags thinking to re-sell (things just happen sometimes)

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Ban Island
I feel it's personal preference, the bags speak for themselves. The only bag I've heat stamped was in my recent reveal and it's very very subtle, no colour, one letter and I did that because I have nothing else in my collection personalized. I would probably only get my wallet stamped, then call it a day. I don't worry about re-sell cause I don't plan on it, but if this were something that you do on occasion I wouldn't heat stamp anything. If you are on the fence, maybe the best idea is to get a clochette or luggage tag to stamp, this way if you hate it you can always remove it?

Markxmikesmom

Jul 6, 2012
Beautiful San Diego!!
I only have my Mini Pochette and my Clochette done.
I would never do any of my more expense items because I would be afraid they wouldn't do it straight or the color would chip eventually...

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
Aug 4, 2011
The Netherlands
There was a fake on Craigslist someone found that was hot stamped, I think it was Lee that confirmed it was a fake.
So just because it's hot stamped doesn't mean it authentic.
Well that's only one. The SA's that are able to hotstamp, get multiple authentication lessons before they're able to hotstamp. =)

imfabulous

May 6, 2012
Dubai
I initially didn't want to do it but after a year of having my first LV I finally decided to get my initials on it and I have never looked back. I would never resell my first LV bag so I thought of doing it not to mention when I see fake bags around I can assure mine isn't because they don't do it on fake or knockoffs. It just really sets it apart from other bags.