To Halo or Not Halo??

Ok, so this isnt the first time I've asked this. I went to my jeweler today to look at some stones for an upgrade. I would be upgrading approximately by 1/2 carat. Do you think go ahead upgrade my diamond and do a halo setting, or halo my current diamond?

Im conflicted!:shrugs:

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 706
How attached to the diamond are you? If its doing your head in and want a bigger diamond, go for it! Not everyone sees the diamond as something you need to keep forever. But if you're too sentimental with the current one and all you want is more finger coverage, halo it.

I think a halo of your current diamond would look amazing!!

I guess the question is how much bigger would you be going if you upgraded? A halo will add roughly 1mm around so I'm guessing it will markedly increase the appearance of your current diamond on your finger...more so if you put a halo on a larger diamond.

Well I guess here the dilemma lies. I'd be upgrading to a 1.5 or so. I dream about getting a bigger diamond, I'm obsessed but I do like the one I have now and have been developing an attachment to it. It's 2 conflicting feelings.

So if I go ahead w the upgrade I'd have to make sure it looks substantially bigger - I see some 1.5's out there that actually look pretty close in size to my own. So I'd want a diamond w bigger measurements that I am happy w all aspects specs and the way it sparkles of course!

If you think that even after you halo it, you would still be yearning for an upgrade, I would just wait and save up until you can afford more than 1.5cts. IMHO, going from 1+ to 1.5 isn't a satisfying upgrade. From a purely financial perspective, either halo the current one and be done with it or wait until you can get a bigger than 1.5ct and upgrade.