To Halo or Not Halo??

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
I am considering getting my engagement ring diamond which is a cushion cut reset in a halo setting. Im kind of anxious to do it yet know at some point that I will want to upgrade my diamond to be a bit bigger. I've spoken to my fiance about this and he is ok with it. So I guess my question would be reset with my diamond now, or wait till I get the slightly bigger diamond I am lusting after and then go for halo?! Opinions please! :smile:

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Wait. Don't spend money on a reset if you're planning on upgrading

whoops

O.G.
Dec 4, 2008
Ditto. The halo setting will be wasted if you upgrade the stone later. Get the rock then bling it out after!

Unless, you want a gemstone RHR in that same size. Then you can pop a gemstone in there when you get your new upgrade.... If your upgrade is years away and you really yearn for a halo this might be a good option.

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Good advice ladies, thanks! The upgrade that I want isn't so crazy, just half a carat more than I have now! So I think it won't be that far off - so I should just wait till I can get the bigger rock and the halo setting! thanks! ;)

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Well I actually dont know how soon it would be but I would not say years, lol!

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I am considering getting my engagement ring diamond which is a cushion cut reset in a halo setting. Im kind of anxious to do it yet know at some point that I will want to upgrade my diamond to be a bit bigger. I've spoken to my fiance about this and he is ok with it. So I guess my question would be reset with my diamond now, or wait till I get the slightly bigger diamond I am lusting after and then go for halo?! Opinions please! :smile:
Kim!

Go bigger and halo.......just like me! ;)

No regrets and I LOVE it!!!!

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Yea definitely do not do it til you're done with the upgrades bec most haloes are sized to the stone.

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
I agree! Wait and get the upgrade and halo at the same time. I love love love halos! I tried to get my stone set in a halo but my jeweler doesn't carry any that fit. :sad:

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Thanks yes I will wait to get it all done at once. Why waste money on a setting now when I will eventually get a bigger stone and will have to reset then! Can't wait!!!!!

Thanks Contessa! ;) Yes I dont believe I would have any regrets! And BTW your ring is gorgeous!

FlipDiver

O.G.
Nov 4, 2010
I would wait for the upgrade too. Could you post pics of your ering? I'm a sucker for a good cushion cut, and I love halo settings for cushion cut stones :P

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Hi Ladies,

Sooo, I'm in need of some advice. I want to do a halo style for my engagement ring soon. Wondering if I should do a halo style on my current stone, do you think I will achieve a significant look or wait for the possible upgrade on my sotne before I halo?

My current engagement ring is the 3 stone with Cushion cut center and 2 princess sides. But as I have discussed with my fiance I might want a halo style as attached. I will want it to look pretty much like the attached picture with halo, so wondering if it makes most sense to wait to when we can upgrade my stone to a bit bigger size?

Thanks for your advice...:smile:

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
My pic file sizes are too large to attach. Anyone know how to make them smaller I do not have photoshop on my computer though