To go for the Gucci Marmont Mini Round Shoulder Bag or the Saint Laurent Jade?

Jul 5, 2019
Hey everyone, I really love the look of the round bags at the moment and I am considering purchasing one in white. The chanel round clutch seems to be extremely small and cannot fit much, however, the Gucci and Saint Laurent round bags are a bit bigger. Does anyone know which is a better buy between the Gucci Marmont and the Saint Laurent Jade? I am thinking Gucci may be better for resale purposes, but that does not bother me too much. Thank you!

Jun 20, 2010
I don't have the Saint Laurent but I have the Gucci Marmont round bag. I also wanted the round Chanel clutch with chain and I purposely went to the Chanel boutique just to check if my phone can fit. Unfortunately, although it is so darned cute, it is too small and can't even fit a card holder :sad:. So I ended up with my red Gucci round bag. My iphone X fits + lots of room for more.

Look up Chase Amie's video in Youtube, she did a review on a white Saint Laurent round bag and if I recall correctly, her phone does not fit but she likes it anyways.
Good luck! :smile:

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
YSL. You will love the pebbled leather which is extremely durable, luxurious, and almost water-proof. Almost like Chanel's caviar leather. Not sure about this Gucci material. Looks like it'll age badly.

bagfan200

May 21, 2020
I personally prefer the Gucci! I am not biased - I love both brands equally overall, but think in this case the Gucci looks much nicer :smile: Let us know which one you choose!

ItzLolliBe

Apr 7, 2020
They’re both beautiful bags. I would go with the one that will fit your phone and which color you prefer are there are some variations between the two of those are the ones you are looking at in the photos.

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I prefer the YSL bag. The quilting looks better and I love the logo. I would say, the Gucci one is a bit more casual. But obviously, they're both versatile and can be worn with pretty much any outfit.

Jul 5, 2019
Thank you for your insights! Based on some of the replies, I think rather than ordering online I need to go to to the shops to actually make the right decision on the leathers and sizing. Which could be a while now as no non-essential retail is open where I live yet. Hmm, maybe it will be a bag for next summer instead!