To Galet, or not to Galet...

erinleigh

Oct 7, 2011
that is my question :P

I've been looking at grey Bals for the last few days and am having a hard time deciding which is the colour for me! Anthracite is too close to black for me, and I'm not a fan of green undertones (which is all I can see in that bag!).

I've never seen an 09 galet bal in person... those of you who have them- are they a neutral grey? Or do they tend to look beige more of the time? It's so hard to tell from all of the photos in different lights on tPF!

I've got a F/W 2011 Papyrus City with GSH and I've seen a Galet next to a Papyrus and I'd say Papyrus leans more beige when next to a Galet. Galet looks to be about as pure grey as you can get, like a silver grey. Although it is paler than Papyrus as well and looks like it might not wear as well. It also depends on hardware too. I saw the Galet with GSH and the cooler tones of that hardware almost certainly pulls out the cooler tones of the colour. Not so long ago I saw someone on here post pics of a Galet with GGH and the warm tones definitely made the bag pull more beige but it still looked cooler than Papyrus. My other City is a S/S 2011 Anthra with RGGH and I agree that Anthra is too close to black, you can only tell it's grey when compared with a black Bal.

I have a galet rh city..and its my favourite go to bag..thecolour is a very versatile and neutral taupey grey...goes great with browns and greys...the rh gives it a warm grey look..whilst gsh maker the grey tones look cooler....
I'm not a black bag person and my other bals r very bright pop colours..galet is a great neutral..i think rdc had one on their website.....

I had a Galet SGH City and sold it because it seemed so blah to me. In some lighting it was silvery grey and in others a taupey grey but never interesting enough to wow me. Despite the amazingly awesome leather I just could not grow to love the color.

I have a Galet SGH Work, it is a grey grey. I love the color, depending on your outfit it can look warm or cold, I think it's a perfect all season bag. A lot more wearable than one would think.
I recently bought a new to me Argent SGH EC, and I love that color, too. But it's a lot lighter grey than Galet.

I've only seen galet in a cp but I thought it was 05 grey for a minute. Galet has been a favorite grey of mine since I started looking at Bals. I even considered stepping out of my 03-05 focus to get that color. I think it's fantastic.

I have an 09 Galet rh and it's a very neutral gray. It becomes taupey in certain darker lighting. Under sunlight, it is just gray. The leather on my galet is a bit mottled (I would like it more mottled, actually). When I bought it, it felt dry at first and now that it's broken in, the leather feels chewy. The best part is there are no fading issues with galet nor did my bag get any color transfer from denim pants.

I still have a few old pictures from when I first bought the bag!

Attachments

• frt.jpg
    frt.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 297
  • PICTURE.jpg
    PICTURE.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 290
  • bal.jpg
    bal.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 297
Here's another old photo of galet against my rouge theater first (no longer with me....I miss her!).

Attachments

• sis[1].jpg
    sis[1].jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 306
Galet tends towards grey but it has taupe/beige undertones. It's not a true grey, there's definitely beige in it.

Here is a pic of galet with 05 and 06 grey. You can see it has more beige in it than the other two greys:

06grey05grey_09galet-1.jpg

And here it is against a grey cardigan. I really like galet, gorgeous colour and leather, but wouldn't call it a straight grey. To me it definitely has taupe undertones.

Galet18-9-09_4.jpg
Galet18-9-09_3.jpg