to dye or not to dye helppppppppp

Oct 15, 2008
Hello,

I need your help soooo badddddddd.
I found a Part time GGH bubble gum pink (08) in new conditions for a good deal. I bought it because of the gentle price, the leather that is tdf (really!) and because the handles fit very well over the shoulder (very important). AND from the biginning it was in the purpuse to dye it black!

But now that I have the bag I feel like gulty about dying that bag because except the fact I want a black bag there is no other reason for dying it, no fading, no scatch, no stain.
The bag is just the perfect leather and handles but not the right colour for me.

Please help me! Would you dye the bag or would you part with it? I am feeling like I will ruin a beautifull bag. But I don't want a pink bag.

TIA

PS: I am afraid of dying the bag by myself, do you know a company that would do that and how much they would charge?

what?? No way dyeing a bbag is NEVER advisable especially if there's nothing wrong with the bag. Dyeing will turn the leather dry and erase the natural leather distressing which made Balenciaga bags so desirable in the first place. Please please please DO NOT dye your 08 bubblegum pink, the color is pretty desirable. My advise is just to sell the bag and use the money to buy the one in the color you really want :smile:

god no, don't do it ! i know people have had good experiences with dying but a lot of us have also had bad experiences, the leather will change, and after i dyed mine i couldn't bring myself to carry it as it just didn't feel like a Bal anymore.
sell it on and buy a black !

Don´t ever dye a gorgeous brand new Bal like that treasure MY GOD!!. If you´re not satisfied just sell it and get a black one but please don´t ruin that bag!!:wtf::faint:

ok ok I will not dye the bag :shame:
the bag is gorgous. It is true that I could keep it but I am not a bag collector. I guess I can try to sell it a good price and get myself a black one instead.

thank you