to customize or not to customize??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of having my 1st customized St Louis done and before I do so, I would like to know if there's any feedback regarding the stripes? Does it come off or chip easily if you use the bag regularly? Or is it a good investment and will last me a long time?

Can't decide if I'll have both initials and stripes done or just one! :nuts:

Thanks so much for your help! :biggrin:

2. I'm not an expert as I've never personalized my bags, but I've heard that the stripes/initials hold up better if you:

1. Personalize a brand new bag that has not been used
    2. Keep the personalization to one side of the bag

I'm sure others will jump in.

3. I have 2 St Louis bags and neither are personalized. I initially considered it but felt it would make the bags more limiting for me (stripes that is). I do find the stripes pretty on others bags though.
    I read somewhere a while back that after 4-5 years someone's stripes started to crack but I'm sure that they can be redone.

4. Hi Ahertz! Thanks for that info! :biggrin: Yup that's exactly what I'm planning! Just waiting for more replies before I finally make the big decision! haha

Hi Sus! How about putting your initials? :biggrin: Thanks for the warning! Ok will try to find that thread..

5. I think if you have the money, and want to personalize your bag, go for it. I'm sure in the LONG run, and I mean REALLY LONG RUN, there will be a possibility that the paint may chip, but that just comes with age. I just personalized my green St. Louis GM with stripes and initials, and am very happy that I did. It adds so much character to the bag and makes it that much more personable. That's my opinion. Hope I was helpful. Good luck on your decision!

6. Hi everyone,

I have a same problem regarding customize my Ambassade 24H or not? I need to confirm to paris by next week but I think for long run should be fine! It's only take 2 and half weeks to finish anyway -- it is fast I think.

7. Congratulations on your purchase!:biggrin: Glad to hear that you liked how the bag looked. Ok it seems i have decided to take the plunge and order mine as well! Haha thanks for the help!:biggrin:

8. I think on a more structured bag, the stripes and initials are great; I have the St. Louis and just got the initials because, like a lot of people mentioned here, I thought the stripe might eventually "crack off". But customization is lovely!

9. Oh no clashbags i already ordered my bag, was too excited to wait!:smile: but thanks so much for the help, can't wait to get it
    . Will just be extra careful!:smile: