To buy or not to buy??

SBS or black patent Bayswater?

• SBS

• Black patent Bayswater

Results are only viewable after voting.

MsSJones

Sep 9, 2013
Due to the horrible IT issues at Mulberry, I missed out on the cosmic blue Daria and I am no considering getting either a SBS or a black patent Bayswater.

Do you think the SBS is too ladylike? I am not really too much into dresses, skirts, but I do love wearing dresses during the summer months. Also I can't decide which colour to get in the SBS. Any ideas?

Please let me know what you think.

Any chances the SBS will be further reduced?

TIA

I think SBS is versatile enough to be worn with both dresses and jeans :tup: My vote goes to SBS, as I'm not a huge fan of patent leather on Mulbs :smile:

Do you have any black/choc/oak bags at the moment? Personally I would go for a black SBS as I already have a choc Bays and oak Lily in my collection but no black.

If your plan is to wear it with dresses during summer I would go for oak. Good luck!

Due to the horrible IT issues at Mulberry, I missed out on the cosmic blue Daria and I am no considering getting either a SBS or a black patent Bayswater.

Do you think the SBS is too ladylike? I am not really too much into dresses, skirts, but I do love wearing dresses during the summer months. Also I can't decide which colour to get in the SBS. Any ideas?

Please let me know what you think.

Any chances the SBS will be further reduced?

TIA

I would go for the SBS but that's because I dont use my Bayswaters as much. There is a lot of difference in size do you want a small or large bag? Also the SBS can be worn cross body which the Bays can't

Before you decide have you tried ringing one of the Branches for your Daria. I know they had them in Bond street. If they don't have any there they will be able to check on the computer if any branches have stock and they can post for you.

I have often purchased in this way at a Sale time when they sell out at .com

Glasgow I have always found to be very, very helpful

Good luck

I think it depends on what you will use the bag for. Personally I would go for bays, but I'm definitely bias as my favourite style of bag.

If a Daria is what you've set your heart on then I'd ring around as suggested. I have a large black hobo Daria which I adore - perfect sling it all in, day bag IMO!

If you can't get Daria, definitely the SBS for me, I was really tempted to go for oak, may still do so at the current price. I don't think we will ever get another mulberry at that price.

I don't think I'd leave it too late either

I have the sbs in oak & think its perfect for wearing with summer dresses etc. it's a great size & keeps its shape really well unlike my Alexa. I sometimes find I put extras in my alexa to make it feel full but never have to do this with the sbs.

I think the back would be more of a winter bag so I guess it's really up to you as to which you'd use more.

I think it's great value for such a versatile bag.

Like Elvis says make sure you absolutely can't get the Daria before to commit to the sbs.

I think SBS is versatile enough to be worn with both dresses and jeans :tup: My vote goes to SBS, as I'm not a huge fan of patent leather on Mulbs :smile:

Do you have any black/choc/oak bags at the moment? Personally I would go for a black SBS as I already have a choc Bays and oak Lily in my collection but no black.

If your plan is to wear it with dresses during summer I would go for oak. Good luck!

I have a black OS Bryn, an oak large Antony and a sub chocolate Bayswater Tote, so I guess I am covered as far as the Mulberry neutral palette is concerned! :biggrin:

I wear a lot of black, grey, navy, purple, all year round! In summer only some of my dresses are colourful, so I am thinking that perhaps I should go for black or chocolate. I also have two small Coach bags that are similar in style to the SBS so perhaps another one would be a bit too much? What do you think?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU all of you lovely Mulberry ladies!

Re Daria, I have called two different shops this morning and they cannot ship to my address because apparently there is a problem with it. My address has too many numbers!! :sad:

I'll try again with some others, but now I am not sure I have my heart set on the Daria iykwim. It's mostly the colour that I completely adore and not the bag per se.

Perhaps, the SBS is a better option in the end.

The strap as some of you pointed out, is a major advantage in comparison to the patent Bayswater. But then the Bayswater is gorgeous for slightly more formal events even though it's larger!

Argh...CAN'T DECIDE!!!! It shouldn't be this hard, should it?? :smile:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU all of you lovely Mulberry ladies!

Re Daria, I have called two different shops this morning and they cannot ship to my address because apparently there is a problem with it. My address has too many numbers!! :sad:

I'll try again with some others, but now I am not sure I have my heart set on the Daria iykwim. It's mostly the colour that I completely adore and not the bag per se.

Perhaps, the SBS is a better option in the end.

The strap as some of you pointed out, is a major advantage in comparison to the patent Bayswater. But then the Bayswater is gorgeous for slightly more formal events even though it's larger!

Argh...CAN'T DECIDE!!!! It shouldn't be this hard, should it?? :smile:

I can see your dilemma :graucho: for me they are two totally different bags. I have both designs and like you say the Bays is suitable for more formal occasions and equally looks great with jeans etc......

I think you have got to decide which you are more likely to use the most and how often you need for more formal occasions.

The Bays also makes a great workbag for me if ever I need to take files, laptop etc although I would only use when driving as it's a heavy bag for the shoulder to carry around

I also love patent and a black bag for me would have to have something extra like hardware, shine or they look to ordinary. So personally I love the look of the black patent Bays

Dare I say as they are such different bags for different occasions?...............I would have to have both because I couldn't choose either, they are both gorgeous

I have a black OS Bryn, an oak large Antony and a sub chocolate Bayswater Tote, so I guess I am covered as far as the Mulberry neutral palette is concerned! :biggrin:

I wear a lot of black, grey, navy, purple, all year round! In summer only some of my dresses are colourful, so I am thinking that perhaps I should go for black or chocolate. I also have two small Coach bags that are similar in style to the SBS so perhaps another one would be a bit too much? What do you think?
Maybe you should wait until the perfect M bag comes around in a style and color you can't resist?

Although I think the SBS is a great classic in any collection! With your bag collection I would probably go for the oak :tup:

I can see your dilemma :graucho: for me they are two totally different bags. I have both designs and like you say the Bays is suitable for more formal occasions and equally looks great with jeans etc......

I think you have got to decide which you are more likely to use the most and how often you need for more formal occasions.

The Bays also makes a great workbag for me if ever I need to take files, laptop etc although I would only use when driving as it's a heavy bag for the shoulder to carry around

I also love patent and a black bag for me would have to have something extra like hardware, shine or they look to ordinary. So personally I love the look of the black patent Bays

Dare I say as they are such different bags for different occasions?...............I would have to have both because I couldn't choose either, they are both gorgeous

Oh, Mulberrygal, I am very tempted to do exactly this! I think that I should probably go for the SBS and try and get the black patent Bays by the end of January, when I will have be payed again. :biggrin: