To buy or not to buy?

Aug 26, 2009
I have been admiring a bag from afar that I found out today is a Jemma in rio leather. I have rung round the outlets this mornng and there are a couple at Shepton.

So I just wondered what people thought of them? Are they easy to use? More importantly should I get one?!

I have the smaller version, the Ayanna, and my mum bought the Jemma. I saw the burgundy colourway and thought it was lovely. What colour are you thinking of?

I like my Ayanna a lot. It's heavier than the newer range bags as it's rio. I think the Jemma is a great size and a lovely shape but I'm a hobo girl. Go for it if you love it!

I really love it in the oak! I don't want to baby it, just let it look a little trashed and squishy! How are you meant to wear it? The one I saw was like a hobo style? Must she have altered the strap?

They had the reddy coloured ones at York a few weeks ago. I was never keen on the woven effect of the leather in pics .. but I picked the bag up & kinda fell in love with it ... but was too excited about my other purchases to go for it!

It is a really pretty bag!

I think i'm going to go for it, just need to find an oak one now! I've just looked on eBay and there's a couple in purple but they are going for £100 more than at Shepton! What a mark up!

attachment.php

This is my jemma rio and I love her so much! She's small but she's absolutely cute!! Very easy to take care and the most important is her light weight!! :graucho:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 05 02.44.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 05 02.44.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 112
I had a Jemma rio in red which was really nice but eventually sold it. However, I must have regretted it because I snapped up an oak melange version at Bicester recently. They originally sold for a whopping £795 but got this one considerably cheaper. I presume the ones at Shepton will be similarly priced.
It's a great size and holds loads.
The leather seems to be a bit like marmite i.e. you either love it or hate it. My boyfriend thinks it's awful but I really like it.

Cazzz1 I couldn't believe how much they were originally, it makes the recent price rises not look too bad! I've paid £238 which I think is a bargain! I love how vintage the style is, it looks like a bag my mum would have used in the 70's!

i was lucky to get an oak one at Bicester a few months ago and I really love it. I had always liked them but thought they were very expensive so was very pleased to get one at an outlet
The size is really good and the leather quite soft and i dont have to baby it.

Hope you get one i'm sure you will love it.

Cazzz1 I couldn't believe how much they were originally, it makes the recent price rises not look too bad! I've paid £238 which I think is a bargain! I love how vintage the style is, it looks like a bag my mum would have used in the 70's!

That's really strange you should say that as that's exactly how I see mine!