To buy or not to buy?

To buy or not to buy

• Yes, that's great one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they can be scammers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
After reading and skipping over your post earlier, I saw that there are lots of views but no replies so I'll post my thoughts. Take them or leave them.

1. A poll is (IMO) inappropriate. After 20+/- years of ebay and a proliferation of other online sites, there are scammers everywhere. Especially for an inexpensive item in a specific size and style, it's not a high scam item this seller has and not usually prone to fraud.
2. As a buyer, you have a responsibility to vet your sellers by looking at their history, feedback, listings, descriptions, pictures, willingness to respond to questions, etc.
3. Personally, I don't buy bras, shoes, jeans, etc. online because every manufacturer, every style, and every body is different and I have to try on items for fit and comfort. If I owned a particular item and knew how it fit, I'd be willing to purchase another of the identical item if I needed another.
4. Regarding the bra and the seller, I don't see anything that indicates a scammer. While 100% feedback doesn't necessarily equate to a great seller, for the type of items she sells (and clothing is VERY difficult to sell and have satisfied buyers), it's wonderful.
5. Additionally, she has a 30-day return policy so if you buy and want to return for ANY reason, you can do so.

Scammers usually have high fraud and high demand items - expensive designer items, electronics, automobiles, etc. Bras, underwear and inexpensive clothes aren't what they're going to sell.

I personally would never buy a Bra or other RTW items (with me, that now also include's shoes) WITHOUT first trying them in a Store. Only then AFTER I've tried them on & they fit well & are comfortable & especially Bra's, because depending on the brand or no brand the sizing is all over the place! Only then would I consider buying one from the internet. And it would have to be the exact same one(s) I had tried on. Whether it be eBay or similar doesn't matter - I need to try it on First before I buy. JMHO & 2 cents!

Reactions: skyqueen
She accepts returns and it's not a super expensive item so why not. You'd only be out return shipping if it doesn't work out. Probably the same or less as gas/parking to go to the store. I never restrict myself to in-store only purchases as you can miss out on some great items that way, and even if you have to return something, it may still be a lot less work than going to a store.

ETA: I am a sole person who sells lots of fashion brands on eBay. All my stuff is authentic, thank you very much. Just because a seller is a "small business" doesn't automatically make it less trustworthy.

Reactions: Sugartats
ETA: I am a sole person who sells lots of fashion brands on eBay. All my stuff is authentic, thank you very much. Just because a seller is a "small business" doesn't automatically make it less trustworthy.
^^ So true!

My comments are in reference to clothing/wearables since there's too much variation between size and fit from brand to brand and even from style to style with the same brand.