To buy or not to buy... talk me into or out of this purchase!

PurseAddict79

PerpetuallyPenniless
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
I went shopping at lunch today (which is my normal Friday routine) and found a Ralph Lauren dress I absolutely LOVE. They had one in my size... I tried it on and it fits perfectly...

(sorry about the crappy photo)
RL.jpg

The dress is black with white trim at the collar and down each side. On the right side of the dress there are gold snaps and there is some shirring to that side.

Now, the dilema(s)

#1 - There is makeup on the collar. Because it's white, I don't know if it will come out. Its the last one in my size and no other local stores have my size in stock. I either have to hope I get the makeup out, or I have to size up
#2 - I have several black dresses that fit similarly, though this one *does* have the white trim and cute detailing, so it's not like it is like the other dresses I have...just similar.

Do I get it? And if so, do I buy my size and hope that Shout! gets the makeup off (which in my experience it probably would because I use Shout! on makeup stains all the time, but this stain is big) or do I size up (which because of the material of this dress probably wouldn't affect the fit too much).

Or... do I not buy the dress?

Decisions decisions...

I dont LOVE it, and I dont feel like its that special...Also, the makeup would concern me...So I would take it back and maybe get something that you don't already have or something more unique :smile:

how big is the stain? if you really love the dress and the fit, then get it and try getting the stain out before cutting off the tags/washing it.

i would pass on it though because it's a plain dress. nothing special about it.

^ i agree. definitely fits you well since you look great, but in a way it looks like a long tank top with white trim... could have done without the white around the arm holes. If you're on the fence, save the $$ for a dress with more WOW factor, and no stain!

I actually see why you might have fallen in love with this one - it's just working on you, especially the lower half. I don't know about you but I CANNOT wear dresses/skirts that length, 99.9% of the time, so if I found one that worked so well on me I'd probably lurve it, too.

Not my fav, I would pass...Maybe it's from the camera but it looks like it's cutting off your neck (however, it fits well in the body)

It didn't really cut off my neck, but it was definitely more snug/higher of a neckline than I am use to. I can so see how someone got makeup on it. It didn't zip up, so it had to be pulled over the head. Another big factor in my decision against the dress