To buy or not? Burberry platform boots

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
I've been in love with these shoes since I first smacked eyes on them and have been checking up on them every day online, but I tend to fall for very gimmicky items that don't hold up so well fashion-wise. I love these boots but since they're seemingly impractical to wear in the snow, I find a hard time cooking up an excuse to get them. What do you think? Stores are slowly selling out of them and I can feel that grip tightening on my heart...

Also, there is the price. The most I've ever paid for shoes is $350 for a pair of 50% off to-die-for Valentinos. Even if I was to find these on sale for around $750-$800, I still find the price rather steep.

Really seems like I shouldn't get them, but you ladies know how it is when you fall in love...

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...=1&LSlinkid=10&LSoid=203719&LSsid=oGj7akNVsTg

As long as they're easy to walk in...
but I too find the price far too steep (you could easily buy 2-3 other pairs of really nice shoes). I also think they are sort of limited to the winter season.
Just my two cents.

Im a big lover of anything burberry 2010... im sorry but i almost fell off my chair after seeing the runway show...

And i don't even like runway looks...
But, sometimes, you have to be practical and just narrow down your burberry purchase because as everybody knows... they are pricey!

so, i agree, climate wise, will you get much use with them?
DO you have an extra 10% off from saks ? LOL just kidding.
Do you get points with the purchase?

Kidding aside, the only way to find out is if somebody owns them in this thread and will chime in... if not, then you have no choice but to order them, toy with them, then decide to keep or return.

good luck!!!

I've been drooling over these and also the burberry shearling aviator boots for the LONGEST time. I also couldn't rummage up the courage to purchase any of them since i live in california and i won't get much wear out of them and i have enough CC debt as it is. But really, if you can afford to fork out the money right now i'd say go for it, the boots are really TDF and do fit ever so nicely in real life!!
However, if you're on a budget and you need some help steering away, you only have about 2-3 months to wear them around much. Once spring and summer come around i doubt you'd want to strut around in fur lined boots.

I actually haven't tried them on yet (was going to this weekend once I locate a pair in-store) but I do live in Connecticut, USA where I can start wearing them in October and probably stop in March/April. So I'd get a fair amount of wear out of them. Providing they're comfortable, of course!

They were $1095 but went on sale for $765 and if I can use a Saks coupon with it then that will bring it down another 10 or 15%. IF I can locate them at a Saks.

I'm with linhhuynh - get em! They are so cute and they look comfy and biker boots are such a versatile classic. I mean, if it weren't for the platform I wouldn't consider them all that super trendy at all. I have the aviator boots from the same season and I absolutely adore them, the shearling is SOOOO soft. $700 is a lot for shoes but if you will get lots of wear out of them I always think it is worth it.

Good luck.....looks like everybody else was waiting for the sale,too, and your decision has been made for you! But if you are lucky enough to find them, I say order them and then decide when they are on your feet. I did the same thing with a pair of Vera Wang boots but got them the second they went on sale. I am awaiting them after lusting for more than a month....same game. We shall see.....:love::cloud9::yahoo: