To buy Boy or settle on WOC?

hidayahramli

Aug 16, 2014
Hi there,

I somehow managed to convince myself that i also need a black chanel boy in old med size. I wasnt a fan when it first came out and it grew on me and now i want it. While theres another good thread discussing on how some people find it hard to pull a trigger on the boy, now I'm wondering if this is going to be an impulse purchase

I already have a black classic ML flap and red WOC. I love that it looks edgy but for the price tag, is it really worth it? I travel really light as I only carry three cards, iphone 5, a lipgloss and one key that i put into my card holder. I love hand free bag so thats how boy is appealing to me. But then WOC is at a much cheaper price, and I get two WOC at a price of one boy.

I have 12 hours to think on this as I have my boy bag currently on hold - what do you guys think? Should i just buy the boy, or settle on WOC?

The fact that you are saying you are settling for WOC makes me think you will always long for the boy bag.... So if you really now want a boy bag I think it's worth it. I have both old med lamb boy and the black on black WOC .... So far my old med is my most used one..... That may change in the future but for now the price per wear is better for me on the old medium.... Bottom line- don't settle. Get what you want, it will always be looming in back of your mind.

the fact that you are saying you are settling for woc makes me think you will always long for the boy bag.... So if you really now want a boy bag i think it's worth it. I have both old med lamb boy and the black on black woc .... So far my old med is my most used one..... That may change in the future but for now the price per wear is better for me on the old medium.... Bottom line- don't settle. Get what you want, it will always be looming in back of your mind.

+1

Maybe what i need is a little bit convincing from other people. I think my heart is set on the boy, and ive been thinking about it for a whole month already and how im going to wear it. I know it probably sounds a little bit obsessive but i really do like the look of boy! Does the old medium feel big and bulky to carry? I've always used very tiny small bags!

Go for the boy! I just got the new medium and love it so much! I don't care much whether it would be a good investment to buy it or not. It is a good investment for me if I like it and use it!

Hi,

get the boy cos price will increase to $4700 for 2015 cruise for old medium . If you really like the look of the boy, get it. For me, the size of the boy is just nice not too big nor small but new medium slight big but able to put more stuff

Hope it help

Maybe what i need is a little bit convincing from other people. I think my heart is set on the boy, and ive been thinking about it for a whole month already and how im going to wear it. I know it probably sounds a little bit obsessive but i really do like the look of boy! Does the old medium feel big and bulky to carry? I've always used very tiny small bags!

The old medium boy was actually the first Chanel I ever bought. I loved the subtle edginess and whole look in general. I still love my boys. They have been a great hands free bag, especially running around with the little ones. I say go for it!! I do own boy WOC(s), and I have to say they are great to travel with. However, I think your heart is with a medium boy. Don't settle!! 😘

Wow I wish that I was able to travel so light. Since that is all you carry day to day maybe you don't need the extra space the boy bag has. If you find yourself pairing down just because the size of your existing bags and would prefer to be able to put in some sunglasses or extra items maybe the boy bag is the way to go?.. Are you considering boy woc's or other kinds of woc's? I love the edgy look of the boy bag too when I tried them on in the store.

I say go for the boy now before prices go up and because you already have a WOC. It's nice to have a little variety and you can go for a WOC later too. I read the post about people not being able to pull the trigger on the boy and it has also made me question whether I should keep the boy I purchased (it hasn't arrived yet). However, I think that's partly because I haven't found the one boy I really want. If you found a boy you love....go for it! It's a nice and edgy design.

My vote is the Boy, since you already had a WOC.

Chanel was not my cup of tea until the Boy came. I bought a new medium, specifically on the calf skin with RHW, which I tried to find for a few months. I want a Boy purely because I love it, same reason everytime I got a new bag.

I was tempted to settle with other Boys, when I failed to get the size + color + hardware I really want, but decided to be patience. Really glad I waited.

Love it.

I chose new medium purely because all my bags need to be at least fit in my iPad mini, and the new medium comes in the right size.

I was obsessed with getting the old medium boy too. It really is a gorgeous bag, but I feel like the chain is just too heavy.

I always revert bag to carrying my WOCs. They're just much lighter & more practical.

Therefore, my boy sits in my closet with the rest of my bag collection. He's really cool to look at!

I was obsessed with getting the old medium boy too. It really is a gorgeous bag, but I feel like the chain is just too heavy.

I always revert bag to carrying my WOCs. They're just much lighter & more practical.

Therefore, my boy sits in my closet with the rest of my bag collection. He's really cool to look at!

Is it really heavy? Im worried now. Im just never a big bag person and love not having anything on my shoulder. Haha yes i know thats why most of my bags are those that can be worn crossbody - prada mini saffiano tote, LV speedy mini, ps11 mini, 3.1 phillip lim pashli small (and even this is kindah big for me sometimes!)

No,im not considering boy woc's. I got lucky with this one that ive been eyeing on. It took me three months to decide which ones i want and by the time i decided which one it was, of course its sold out everywhere. Then I rang every SA in the states that has been recommended in the other thread all the way back dated to 2010. Yes i know im obsess. And this one SA managed to find me one! So i have 6 more hours to go till they let go of the bag..and my heart says 90% yes!

Is it really heavy? Im worried now. Im just never a big bag person and love not having anything on my shoulder. Haha yes i know thats why most of my bags are those that can be worn crossbody - prada mini saffiano tote, LV speedy mini, ps11 mini, 3.1 phillip lim pashli small (and even this is kindah big for me sometimes!)

No,im not considering boy woc's. I got lucky with this one that ive been eyeing on. It took me three months to decide which ones i want and by the time i decided which one it was, of course its sold out everywhere. Then I rang every SA in the states that has been recommended in the other thread all the way back dated to 2010. Yes i know im obsess. And this one SA managed to find me one! So i have 6 more hours to go till they let go of the bag..and my heart says 90% yes!

No, I don't think the old medium is heavy, especially with only a few things that you normally carry. It only gets a little heavy after I put my long wallet, make-up bag, iPhone and keys in it and wearing it crossbody. It doesn't feel heavy at all wearing it single or double straps on my shoulder. Good luck deciding!

I don't know if this helps but up until 1 hr ago... I was thinking I wanted a new WOC. Just 2 weeks ago I was contemplating which should be my first chanel bag.... For some reason every time I tried in a classic double flap I didn't like it on me... I tried on the old medium boy and loved it...

But I settled in a WOC ... Don't get me wrong, i loooove my WOC and started to contemplate another... But I realized today after going to the store yet again.... That while I'd totally go for another WOC.... I still really want a boy..... SO I've decided to save up for a boy. If you have the funds now for it, pull the trigger!!!!

And show us pics!!!