To Block or not To Block?

maye

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Hi everybody!
I'm currently selling a couple of items on eBay and received an offer that it was automatically declined due to the settings of my listing. But I decided to check on the member that submitted the offer and to my dismay this person likes to leave negative feedback right and left. She always says things like: is fake, its a scammer and things like that in her feedback to sellers. This makes me nervous just in the case she tries to make an offer again. Should I block her? One part of me says yes, another says no. What would you do? I haven't sold on eBay in years due to all the problems that this platform has and to avoid unnecessary drama from crazy buyers/sellers so I'm a bit paranoid about anything. Thanks!

What part of you says "NO" to blocking her?
Her feedback would be a red flag for me,but others might chime with a different tune
Well, because she could be right and these people are indeed scammers. But I read some of the feedback messages (of the negative feedbacks) and some were trying to reason with her. Benefit of the doubt. Giving constant negative feedbacks is a red flag and always using the same type of language (I.e. scammers, fraud, etc). I guess I have too much time on my hands,lol.

• Haha
Reactions: resplendent
Hi everybody!
I'm currently selling a couple of items on eBay and received an offer that it was automatically declined due to the settings of my listing. But I decided to check on the member that submitted the offer and to my dismay this person likes to leave negative feedback right and left. She always says things like: is fake, its a scammer and things like that in her feedback to sellers. This makes me nervous just in the case she tries to make an offer again. Should I block her? One part of me says yes, another says no. What would you do? I haven't sold on eBay in years due to all the problems that this platform has and to avoid unnecessary drama from crazy buyers/sellers so I'm a bit paranoid about anything. Thanks!
YES! Block!

I can't even tell you how many dozens of times I've dodged bullets because problem buyers made offers that allowed me to check their feedback left for others and allowed me to block them.

I had a horrible experience once with a buyer who asked to purchase my Gucci tshirt out of eBay (as in private transaction). I refused, so she deliberately bid super high to win the auction, refused to pay then left me a review saying it was fake when I had not even sent it! I had to open a new account to sell it and luckily was sold with no issues.

Even thinking about that transaction makes me feel sick inside.

I had a horrible experience once with a buyer who asked to purchase my Gucci tshirt out of eBay (as in private transaction). I refused, so she deliberately bid super high to win the auction, refused to pay then left me a review saying it was fake when I had not even sent it! I had to open a new account to sell it and luckily was sold with no issues.

Even thinking about that transaction makes me feel sick inside.
For many years, non-payers can't leave feedback and if they do, it'll be removed.

The only way they can do it without having it removed is if you didn't file for non-payment and give them a strike.

Reactions: merrydish
For many years, non-payers can't leave feedback and if they do, it'll be removed.

The only way they can do it without having it removed is if you didn't file for non-payment and give them a strike.

Yes I made a mistake because I cancelled the order without saying it was due to non payment (she wrote me a nasty message and let me know she wasn’t going to pay). So I didn’t wait and I just wanted to get rid of her and didn’t realise it would allow her to leave me a review. I know better now.