To belt, or not to belt?

sonaturallyme

May 5, 2014
DH wants to get me a nice belt but I'm on the fence about designer belts, as I don't want to look too flashy. I've seen some people wear them well though. Typically I'll wear a t-shirt and jeans with anything from some Nikes to Louboutin heels. I guess a nice belt might dress up my wardrobe a little. I've seen a few I liked and am debating between these 3.

IMG_1488683557.356679.jpg

I think the main thing holding me back is that people can be so judgmental. For example, recently a lot of my friends on social media kept posting this Bill Gates and Mark Zukerberg meme about how billionaires don't wear Gucci belts. Blah blah blah. (Annoyed me). At the same time though none of my friends are into designer accessories and think I'm crazy with my bags/shoes/accessories.

IMG_1488684094.274154.jpg

Anyway, what's your opinion in general about designer belts and which, if any, of the above three do you like? I'm leaning more towards the LV belts over Gucci. DH likes the LV Neogram the most (belt on top) and next the LV Epi Initiales (middle belt).

Thoughts?

I just recently purchased my first LV belt and I love it so much, I'm already thinking of a second belt. I would just warn you about how easily the epi belts scratch. The ones they had at the store were all scratched up, that is was very surprising.
This is the one I'm looking at now, I love that it's got a silver buckle and is reversible!
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 10.51.51 PM.png

Reactions: Lizzys and Dmurphy1
I seldom wear belt but just bought a Ferragamo belt, more subtle. As much as I love Louis Vuitton, I think their logo belts are quite loud.

I would pick Epi Initiales out of the choices above.

Life is too short to worry about what others think, heck, just wear what you like. Who cares about Gates or Zuckerberg?

IMG_1488691791.533399.jpg

I just recently purchased my first LV belt and I love it so much, I'm already thinking of a second belt. I would just warn you about how easily the epi belts scratch. The ones they had at the store were all scratched up, that is was very surprising.
This is the one I'm looking at now, I love that it's got a silver buckle and is reversible!
View attachment 3623738
Nice! I was hoping the epi was more durable. I would hate for it to get all scratched up

I seldom wear belt but just bought a Ferragamo belt, more subtle. As much as I love Louis Vuitton, I think their logo belts are quite loud.

I would pick Epi Initiales out of the choices above.

Life is too short to worry about what others think, heck, just wear what you like. Who cares about Gates or Zuckerberg?

View attachment 3623798
I forgot about Ferragamo but their belts are nice as well. I know I shouldn't care what people think. Being a SAHM I hate having ppl count my money or make little comments bc I'm not working. I should just get what I like and forget what ppl think/say

I like the 2nd belt the best out of those 3. I would just wear what you like, I know it's difficult but who cares what other people think! :smile: People will always have something to say, so just wear what you love. Being a SAHM definitely isn't easy so you deserve it!

Reactions: sonaturallyme
I don't want to look too flashy.
Thoughts?

But uhmm... all three options are with logo buckles :-s

Looking at all the options on the LV website I think I like the Essential V the most. I'm not entirely into it but I can't stand the LV Initial belts. I'm already way over the "new" Gucci. I personally think it will be a fad soon.

If I really want a belt I'd rather spend a bit more and invest in like an Hermès belt. And no, not the belt kit with the H buckle, but something more discreet like the Etrivière buckle or the Kelly.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.34.54 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.34.45 AM.png

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't care what people think. Being a SAHM I hate having ppl count my money or make little comments bc I'm not working. I should just get what I like and forget what ppl think/say

I'm a single guy and I've never thought that being a SAHM is an easy job. It requires love and dedication, something lots of those judgy people lack. To all the people who do not provide me financially, they can suck it because I don't care what they have to think about me.

I think you should hold off on the logo belt since you are so unsure about it. I do think they look nice and not terribly dressy at all. Just nice.

I would not say mark zucjerberg or bill gates are the fashion people I'd look to for advice. While they seem like good people, not exactly high fashion.

Maybe if you go and try on you will have a better idea

Reactions: sonaturallyme
View attachment 3623738
I bought this exact belt around 6 months ago, I love it to death and wear it almost every day !!! I love the fact that it's reversible, and although I purchased it pre- owned, in addition to the wear I've given it, it looks perfect !!

Reactions: foxylock and snibor
I have 1 LV belt but when I wear it my shirt usually cover it. I don't think its flashy. It did have some cracking after about 6 months and they exchanged it. So value wise I don't think it's worth it but I had a gift card. I wouldn't rebuy. My last belt was a leather Coach belt, I wore it for 10 yrs and it still looks good. Capture%2B_2017-03-05-07-52-09.png

Reactions: snibor