Tech TMOBILE SIDEKick fail rant

retrofaxie

Mar 2, 2010
So i have been a tmobile customer since 2004, and unfortunately my service is coming to an end next month. reason being tmobile ended service with danger and currenty have a new 4g android sidekick. now my issue is my phone which is less than a year old will no longer work if i dont switch over to the new sidekick. and if i want to keep my service going i have to upgrade and purchase a new phone with a 2 year contract, and the cost of my plan will increase. tmobile made NOOOOOOOOOOO effort to provide long time customers or sidekick customers period will a special plan being that they are the ones taking away our service. any new or any other customer would get the same offer as me. where is the customer service they always brag about on commercials. mind you sidekick customers suffered a really huge horrible phone outage which left many customers with data from their phones that was lost forever, and yes i was one of them i lost contact with people i have not been able to contact again. i am one of the remaining customers who didnt leave and this is how tmobile say thanks. also if i decide to upgrade and increase my monthly plan it will be double cause i have 2 phones. had to rant i know i am probably the only sidekick customer on here.

I am actually still a sidekick customer. I have been since 2006. I have only ever used my sidekick as data, so I have a regular phone plan with at&t as well. Fortunately I am no longer under contract with tmobile so I plan to cancel next weekend. I am sorry that you have had such a bad experience with their customer service. I remember when I bought my sidekick lx 4 years ago, I went through the biggest hassle just to get my $50 mail in rebate.

I agree that they should at least offer sidekick customers a special plan. As much as I loved my sidekick, I'll be happy to get rid of it because the internet is just AWFUL lately.