Tmi

cocokitty

Aug 3, 2009
Reading some posts and threads on here, I noticed some people are very comfortable posting TMI (too much information). When you post information on here, do you ever worry someone you know will read it? What if a coworker or boss read it? Or are you comfortable with anyone really being able to read what you write on here?

^Good point, but there isn't certain people or places you don't want your business to be known? I guess I am too private to every post anything too personal or that do id me on here.

TBH,when I first joined on here I was too open,however time and experience has made me change.I never post personal stuff about me or my family anymore.
Ex bosses who are a$$h*les I couldn't give a rats about reading it.Serves him right if he did,maybe he'd learn not be be such an a$$h*le.

most people on here stay pretty anonymous i think. None of my friends know that i'm on here all the time. I do talk about this website often but I always say "on my website I go to all the time"

because none of them are interested in message boards or forums so i don't feel the need to share the name.

TBH,when I first joined on here I was too open,however time and experience has made me change.I never post personal stuff about me or my family anymore.
Ex bosses who are a$$h*les I couldn't give a rats about reading it.Serves him right if he did,maybe he'd learn not be be such an a$$h*le.

Ha, i love this, i totally agree!!! :yes:

everyone has a screen name, not their real names or addresses so what does it matter? just the fact that many people post in here says it all. obviously the people who post info are comfortable doing so or they wouldn't do it.

I avoid TMI not because of who could read it {I couldn't care less}, but because I believe in having a private life. You can be an open person and still have a private life. I also think that TMI can get out of hand because of people being under the impression that others care about every detail of their lives, hence the social network web sites.

I avoid TMI not because of who could read it {I couldn't care less}, but because I believe in having a private life. You can be an open person and still have a private life. I also think that TMI can get out of hand because of people being under the impression that others care about every detail of their lives, hence the social network web sites.

Interesting point of view. I think the thing about the internet is once you say something, depending on who's looking, it can never be taken back even if you delete it. Yes, some people do think their life is a more important than it real is. I am not a part of social sites myself, because I am very private and you never what kind of person can be stalking/watching you from them without your knowledge.

everyone has a screen name, not their real names or addresses so what does it matter? just the fact that many people post in here says it all. obviously the people who post info are comfortable doing so or they wouldn't do it.

Yeah!

Oh wait...

I really don't care. To me, experiences are life and life is what I'm living. And if I have a story to tell, I'm going to recount experiences. Besides, everyone has their own, subjective idea of what TMI is. If I went around worrying about who thought what was TMI, I'd go crazy.

Reading some posts and threads on here, I noticed some people are very comfortable posting TMI (too much information). When you post information on here, do you ever worry someone you know will read it? What if a coworker or boss read it? Or are you comfortable with anyone really being able to read what you write on here?

That's virtually all of us on tPF have creative and obscure handles and avatars.

Gals, especially, have to be careful. Too many creepy guys on the internet looking for xxx.

What's in Las Vegas stays in Vegas.
But what's on the internet stays on the internet FOREVER!