Shopping at TJMAXX

I saw one a few months ago at Honolulu Tj Maxx. I think it was $800 or $900? I wanted to see if it would make it to markdowns but it sold in a week or two.
They have a denim Pandora medium right now, I can't remember the price but it's been there for over a month.

Thank you. I am going to continue looking, but I think I'm too late on all the sale bags.

I used to shop at TJMaxx all the time, mostly for household items like towels, linens, sometimes shoes, lingerie. I stopped by a local TJMaxx this evening. Hadn't been to one for years. Seemed like it had changed a great deal since the last time I was there, didn't have much merchandise. Not many shoes. Hardly any lingerie. Specifically I was looking for a pair of New Balance sneakers. They used to carry a lot of those. But they didn't have any, just a couple pair of Sketchers. Is it my imagination or has the chain fundamentally changed?

No, TJMaxx business model has not changed. Other retailers and/or manufacturers may have merchandise which is unsold, due to either slow sales or production overruns. TJMaxx buys that merchandise at a reduced price to fill their stores. (A few manufacturers do deal directly with TJMaxx.)

A bright note: I recently read an article that sales have been so dreadful at many retailers, that TJMaxx can expect to be loaded with merchandise in the coming winter months.

No, TJMaxx business model has not changed. Other retailers and/or manufacturers may have merchandise which is unsold, due to either slow sales or production overruns. TJMaxx buys that merchandise at a reduced price to fill their stores. (A few manufacturers do deal directly with TJMaxx.)

A bright note: I recently read an article that sales have been so dreadful at many retailers, that TJMaxx can expect to be loaded with merchandise in the coming winter months.

Oh that's good to hear! Glad to hear that TJMaxx hasn't changed. It may just be the store near my house. Kinda run down, only one of two stores left in a boarded up strip mall. Maybe that's the reason it looks kinda bare and decrepit.

All TJ Maxx's are not created equal. I have found that ones in or near higher income areas and or urban centers tend to have runway sections and slightly more upscale offerings. I've been to some that are more rural and the offerings have been generic.

My TjMaxx/HomeGoods store is phenomenal! I have to really check myself when I go there to not overspend. There are wonderful items in every category imaginable.....rugs, lamps, furniture, home furnishings, jewelry, clothing (hit or miss), shoes (same).....I could go on and on. Guess it depends on your store, etc.
Ours used to be just a run down TjMaxx, then they greatly expanded it a few years ago and added HomeGoods to it so they're combined and it's fabulous!

Saw these cuties at Winners Alexis-Nihon (Montreal) today.
-Kate Spade emerson place vivenna 229$ (but there is an earlier post for the same in fushia for 199$...)
IMG-20160626-WA0005.jpeg
-YSL CLASSIC BABY DUFFLE BAG in beige 999$
IMG-20160626-WA0007.jpeg
-MK ceramic watchon sale 200$ (retail 495$)
IMG-20160626-WA0000.jpeg

My TjMaxx/HomeGoods store is phenomenal! I have to really check myself when I go there to not overspend. There are wonderful items in every category imaginable.....rugs, lamps, furniture, home furnishings, jewelry, clothing (hit or miss), shoes (same).....I could go on and on. Guess it depends on your store, etc.
Ours used to be just a run down TjMaxx, then they greatly expanded it a few years ago and added HomeGoods to it so they're combined and it's fabulous!

I read in the paper that the shopping strip where this particular TJM is located is set to be demolished. So that might explain the shabby merchandise. But there's a plan to rebuild the strip with input from TJM. Fingers crossed that it's renovated into a better store.

Anyone using website for runway items? I had a Gucci bag in my cart with a clearance price. However, when i clicked to checkout, bag was removed from my cart and back to full price. Do I need to checkout immediately? I took time to add other items before I checked out. Perhaps speed is the key.

Saw these cuties at Winners Alexis-Nihon (Montreal) today.
-Kate Spade emerson place vivenna 229$ (but there is an earlier post for the same in fushia for 199$...)
View attachment 3392005
-YSL CLASSIC BABY DUFFLE BAG in beige 999$
View attachment 3392006
-MK ceramic watchon sale 200$ (retail 495$)
View attachment 3392007

Been looking for that YSL to show up !
I haven't been to the Alexis-nihon store in a while as I usually go to Montreal-trust or marche-central!

Do you find the selection is better there?