TJMaxx Gucci bags authentic?

MamaSleepy

May 3, 2017
Minnesota
Saw a Gucci leather satchel at a TJMaxx Runway but am concerned about authenticity. Don't know that I could spot a fake. Should I be worried or am I over-thinking this? TIA

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Saw a Gucci leather satchel at a TJMaxx Runway but am concerned about authenticity. Don't know that I could spot a fake. Should I be worried or am I over-thinking this? TIA
I have seen authentic Gucci bags at TJMaxx, but most of them were "made for outlets" type bags.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I have seen authentic Gucci bags at TJMaxx, but most of them were "made for outlets" type bags.
That makes sense. After the sales at outlets that stock's gotta be cleared somehow.

Someone just bought a perfectly good Anya Hindmarch Sticker Boston at one, still not what you'd call 'cheap' but a bargain in comparison to retail. I've certainly seen Alexander McQueens in one in London.I Bet some stores get more than others IYKWIM. Never seen a Gucci yet myself though.

You also have to be aware there's been lots of controversy lately about switched returns (buy real, return fake) so extra care is prob needed.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
That makes sense. After the sales at outlets that stock's gotta be cleared somehow.

Someone just bought a perfectly good Anya Hindmarch Sticker Boston at one, still not what you'd call 'cheap' but a bargain in comparison to retail. I've certainly seen Alexander McQueens in one in London.I Bet some stores get more than others IYKWIM. Never seen a Gucci yet myself though.

You also have to be aware there's been lots of controversy lately about switched returns (buy real, return fake) so extra care is prob needed.
Yes, some TJMAXX locations have a "Runway" section with higher-end designer clothes and accessories. Personally, I would not want to buy a "made for outlet" bag, whether at the outlet or further discounted at TJMAXX. It's just my preference.

Reactions: papertiger

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Yes, some TJMAXX locations have a "Runway" section with higher-end designer clothes and accessories. Personally, I would not want to buy a "made for outlet" bag, whether at the outlet or further discounted at TJMAXX. It's just my preference.
We have a local TKMAXX (that's the UK version). Perhaps the US version is nicer than ours, but personally, I wouldn't like to shop there full stop.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
We have a local TKMAXX (that's the UK version). Perhaps the US version is nicer than ours, but personally, I wouldn't like to shop there full stop.
I visited a TKMAXX when I was in London and I found it quite similar to our US TJMAXX. Not much difference. Although I must say I was surprised to find a lot of Gucci RTW at TKMAXX. More than I had ever seen in the US.

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I have seen Gucci bags at tj maxx. While some may have been made for outlet, many were not but regular bags. I recently posted a nude marmont. Also posted Gucci shoes. I realize there have been problems with people returning fakes but in my opinion the bags and shoes I saw were current and real. Most of the time I see these pieces they sell immediately.

MamaSleepy

May 3, 2017
Minnesota
I agree with foregoing the Made for Outlet bags but it's my understanding older seasons bags from boutiques end up at the outlets too? The Runway bag was a Daily Bamboo top handle - would this bag have been made for both the boutiques and the outlets? If yes, that's crazy! How could Gucci command full price for a bag duplicated in its outlets?