TJ Maxx finds!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    Okay, so I went to TJ Maxx for the first time today. I've never been a fan because I don't have the patience to rummage through everything. I went to Marshall's twice in my life and both times, I walked right out. Well, this time I went to TJ Maxx and was a little TOO successful! I came across with these two Michael Kors bags:

MICHAEL Michael Kors Ludlow in black :yahoo: (The leather is insanely soft!)
    [​IMG]

MICHAEL Michael Kors Wheatly in purple
    [​IMG]

Even though I only spent half the amount of the original price on each bag, it was still a lot of money. I'm such an impulse buyer! I'm having major buyer's remorse. I am definitely keeping the Ludlow, but I will probably end up returning the purple Wheatly. What I did was very excessive!

2. those are great finds -- you can find some awesome things at TJMaxx, but you're right -- you have to really search and rummage and sometimes there are A LOT of bags to look through

About 3 years ago, I was lucky enough to find a gorgeous MK ID Chain bag at TJMaxx (http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/look-what-i-found-tjmaxx-today-so-excited-173706.html). It was marked $299 and was originally $1200! I loved that bag so much but ended up returning it when I discovered it had what looked like dark water stains on one side. Later on, I was so mad at myself for doing that, esp when he discontinued the Collection ID Chain bags and switched to the Michael by MK line.

[​IMG]

At the same time I found that bag, they had two other MK Collection bags as well - one of them was the Fringed Hobo like Jessica Simpson has carried. If I remember correctly, it was around $400 and originally $1200

[​IMG]

Another time I found an Astor Satchel in Luggage at Marshall's -- I couldn't contain my excitement over that one! I snatched that puppy right up!

3. You had some awesome finds, too! I was shocked to find such great bags there! I mean, Michael Kors was probably the most high-end bags they had there, but I'm glad I was successful! I went in not planning on buying anything, and I ended up coming out with two bags! I really think I'm going to return the Wheatly. It was another expense I really shouldn't have made. Damn being an impulse buyer!

4. IKWYM!
    I had to stop going to TJMaxx cuz I'd get into so much trouble in the Runway Department! At the time, they still had lay-a-way, and I'd have 2 or 3 lay-a-ways/month!! I haven't been back for a really long time - I hear they stopped doing lay-a-ways so I guess it would be "safe" (altho if I found something really special, that would mean I'd have to pay for it upfront - no 30 day waiting period!!):P

Altho I haven't been there in a while, I remember that both TJMaxx and Marshalls used to have a lot of MbyMK bags!

5. Haha, danger, danger! Seriously, I need to stop buying bags! But its just such an addiction! There are a total of three TJ Maxx stores by my school, so I may need to do a little more hunting around during breaks between classes. :biggrin:

6. Nice buys, OP. I stopped by my TJ's today and they had the same styles, and the Ludlow especially is very pretty in person. They had too many MK bags to even start to name - easily twenty to thirty of them throughout the store, all of different styles or colours. Although I previously hadn't been fond of the hardware on the MMK ID Chain bags, they had one for $230 that was really nice.

7. My TJmaxx always has Micheal Kors bags at pretty great prices too. I saw that Ludlow this weekend, it was blue I think....

8. WOW! They had 20-30 different MK bags?! That's intense. My store only had about five to choose from, but to be honest, I'm glad! Otherwise I would have walked out completely broke!

I ended up returning the purple Wheatly because it was an expense I didn't need to purchase and I didn't love it nearly as much as the Ludlow.

I thought the prices were fantastic! I paid half of the original price for both, but like I said, I returned the purple Wheatly. The only color Ludlow they had at my store was the black. I didn't see any others.

9. does anyone know what season those bags are from?
    I wonder if I might find a Black Colette at TJMaxx :thinking:

10. I don't believe those bags would be anything current. I'm sure that TJMaxx and Marshall's just get the leftovers when those season's bags are done and the new ones come in. At least, that's what I would think.