Tivoli GM

I bought a brand new Tivoli GM a few years ago. Although it's roomy, it stuck out too much for my liking, the pleats drove me nuts when they got smashed, the hard zippering was annoying, the rolled straps weren't comfy, the bottoms of the straps would curl, the charm made an annoying noise when it would hit the bag as I carried it. I also didn't like how the bag hung when it had a lot of stuff in it, how the bottoms of the straps would pull up the bag in that area. A beautiful looking bag but not well designed IMO. I ended up selling it.

I agree! Beautiful bag but I also sold mine due to all these reasons.

I love my Tivoli GM! I've been using mine for over a month, even though I try to rotate my bags a lot. I'm about to move out of it only because I have a new one to give attention to. The only things I have issue with are as mentioned before, is first, the zipper - but this is only when I zip it completely open, it can be difficult to get it started to close again. If I remember not to zip it all the way to end, it zips nice and smooth. The other thing is that I got mine preloved and with curled strap ends, but I no longer have a problem with it since I adjusted them to the first hole (and I like wearing it at that longer length as well).

Good luck with your decision!

I love my tivoli gm. I purchased her in like new condition preloved so she came broken in with a beautiful patina. Mine was made in 2007 and looks newer than some of my much newer bags. A lot of people complain about the zipper but I'd rather have a high quality zipper that's going to last than a flimsy zipper. I think it's a testament as to the higher quality of LV made back in the day. I think it's one of their higher quality canvas bags and a keeper in my opinion

You better hurry up it ha been discontinued. And I agree with the above the bag is one LV's better made bags next to the Estrela old model.

View attachment 2989749

Tivoli GM

Pros - this bag is not to big but yet not to small. I consider this bag the perfect size. It is a very lady like bag with the pleats that accent the front and side. The opening in this bag is so wide it is great for seeing all of your contents with out obstruction. Surprisingly the rolled handles are very comfortable on the shoulder which allow you to carry for long periods of time. Not the lightest bag but not terribly heavy neither. The adjustable straps allow you to go from hand held satchel to a very comfortable shoulder bag with a great strap drop. She's an older style but yet very classy. This bag can be dressed up or down! She has feet! Lastly the zipper pull and details of this bag are outstanding and makes it unique. Something I think the newer style bags are missing - details!

Cons - zipper may stick a tad on some bags. My zipper happens to be very smooth. Depending on strap adjustment the bottom of the strap may curl. That problem can be solved by leaving on the last hole. It is Important to keep your bag stuffed but not over stuffed to keep the pleats nice. Quite a bit of vachetta here. One strap can slip off the shoulder but this can be solved by placing one strap under the other.

Thank you everyone for all your posts! I appreciate everyone taking the time and giving me your insights. It was tax free holiday in mass so I pulled the trigger and bought the tivoli:smile: now i just have to pick her up and pick up my speedy mono v :smile:)))

The Trivoli GM was my first bag. I don't wear it as much because it is a little big for me but whenever I wear it I always question myself as to why I don't wear it more often. It is a beautiful bag, one I will probably keep forever.

It's also my very first Louis and like you I don't wear it that often. I baby it a lot and worry about the handles getting dirty ( I put a twilly on the handles but keep slipping off ). Aside from being too worried about the vachetta, I also find it a liitle heavy so I use more my Alma bags. But it is really a pretty bag so I also intend to keep it.

Glad you got your Tivoli GM. I have had one for a few years and I love love love it. I like to carry it with the straps shortened all the way - very elegant at the elbow, imho. I put a very lightweight flexible bottom shaper in mine. I love how WIDE open the mouth of the bag is. Unlike some others, I do like the clinking zipper charm. :smile:

Enjoy your bag!

I have this bag and I'm obsessed with it haha. I'm 5'5 120lbs and don't feel it's too large or heavy. It holds the world and is so comfortable! Also, I purchased mine preloved, it's a 2010, and the leather is not curling either.

I loe my new baby girl. I cant believe I looked at her for a decade! Lol I'm sooooo glad my SA said she was gonna bill my card. Lol I would have cried if I didnt get her!!! Love her:smile:

I absolutely love my Tivoli GM!!! I've been using her so much since I got her. Great bag!!! The handles get very nice once broken in and it doesn't fall off your shoulder if you cross one over the other. Also, the pockets help to organize. I have noticed that the bag shape is much less structured after lots of use, which to me is perfect [emoji108]🏼 I use this bag so often!!! Constantly posting pics of mine. You will love it

Thank you everyone for all your posts! I appreciate everyone taking the time and giving me your insights. It was tax free holiday in mass so I pulled the trigger and bought the tivoli:smile: now i just have to pick her up and pick up my speedy mono v :smile:)))

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446092095.556817.jpg

Congrats! I just love mine! It's 5 years old and I think it's held up great! I keep the straps on the very first hole to avoid the curling everyone talks about. It is a large and heavy bag but that doesn't bother me. Hope you love yours just as much!

View attachment 3171632

Congrats! I just love mine! It's 5 years old and I think it's held up great! I keep the straps on the very first hole to avoid the curling everyone talks about. It is a large and heavy bag but that doesn't bother me. Hope you love yours just as much!

Thanks! I wear mind the exact same way:smile: only issue I had was yesterday in the rain storm. i was so concerned about her getting wet I put my coat over her and was drenched myself:smile: but my baby Tivoli GM was warm and protected........