Tivoli GM - Pros and Cons....?

paije

May 20, 2008
I'm thinking of exchanging the PM for the GM...I have looked in the Tivoli thread and from the few pictures I saw it doesn't seem *that* big, my SA indicated that it was enormous ...is there anything I should consider before buying as there is no LV here ... your thoughts are appreciated TIA :smile:

It is one of the bags I am considering right now so here are my pros and cons: I am 5`3 and do not think it is to big, one can wear it on the shoulder and can shorten the straps to handheld length-big pro for me.

The cons for me are the vachetta (want it for rainy european winter) and that it has two handles which might not stay put comfortably on the shoulders. Some complain that the zipper is a bit stiff to open and close and I heard that the folds tend to unfold when the bag is very full.

I think it is a lovely bag- but it is quite expensive and I need a worry free bag for winter- so I might go for a damier one right now like the Tate or the Speedy damier 35.

Hope that helps!

The shoulder straps were uncomfortable for me(they didn't stay on my shoulder and kept slipping off), the sides stuck out, it felt heavy to me and the zipper didn't close smoothly. It's such a beautiful bag but not for me. I see them all the time and for a second I almost want to get it again LOL!

The shoulder straps were uncomfortable for me(they didn't stay on my shoulder and kept slipping off), the sides stuck out, it felt heavy to me and the zipper didn't close smoothly. It's such a beautiful bag but not for me. I see them all the time and for a second I almost want to get it again LOL!
I agree^^ The sides stuck out too much for me..this was the one thing I couldn't adjust to. My zipper worked fine. I ended up selling it after only using it for a short trip. I didn't even use it during the trip just for the flight to and from :sad:

If you wear it as a shoulder bag you cant rest your arm down...too bulky KWIM? It just drove me bats. I kept pushing it behind me..then the strap would fall...just too much to deal with although I did fall in love with the looks of the bag :graucho:. In the end I just needed something less difficult. Thats how I ended up with the Galliera PM and it was just what I was looking for.

I've had my Tivoli GM since last XMAS and I haven't had any of the probs mentioned here.

I'm 5'2" and I don't find it too big (I like biggish bags around the same size as the Tivoli GM). The straps have softened up a little so they stay put and are not a hassle to carry as a shoulder bag. I put a base shaper on the bottom so it keeps its shape and doesn't smush down when I carry it. (I've seen other people carrying it when it sags and is smashed flat--doesn't even look like the same bag. I'm glad I saw it here before real life since you can't appreciate its beauty of it unless it keeps it shape--unlike the Speedy which manages to look luscious whether is sags or is structured).

It's such a gorgeous bag and I get lots of compliments on it (not required but definitely a plus:P) All in all, this bag has worked out perfectly for me and it's one of my favorites:heart:.