Tivoli GM owners..is zipper trouble normal?

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I just bought a preloved, but absolutely mint, like new Tivoli gm. I have been carrying it for the past few days and love it, but the dipper is a bear! Every time I open it the whole way it gets stuck, and I practically have to break the zipper to get it open. It is currently stuck open!
I'm wondering if this is normal because of the curve of the bag, or if I should take it in to be looked at..?

I don't own this bag, but this sounds like there is something wrong with the zipper. I would bring it in. If this doesn't get fixed, you will probably end up disliking the bag.

I just checked mine to see & it doesn't stick but when it was new it stuck at first. Mine doesn't really give me trouble, but I don't zip/unzip too much. The previous owner may have done that & that's why you're having trouble. Or it's still really new:smile:

Did your seller disclose this to you? I would take it to LV and see what they say. If your seller did not disclose this maybe you could return it. However I am sure of the circumstances of the deal and whether she will take it back. IF all else fails maybe she could help you out some with the repair costs.

I never had a problem with my tivoli zipper. It wasn't smooth when it was brand new but after a few uses it never gave me any problems. Try putting some candle wax on it.

I got it to close and looked at the limitless metal teeth, the very last one is bent a little. Ive been lugging it around packed full for a few days, I'm guessing I did something to it. I know that I didn't have trouble opening and closing it when it came in the mail, so it had to have been me...rats.
I'll try some wax, and if that doesn't help I'll have to take it in for repair.

I've had the Tivoli PM before and the zipper was a bit of a pain to open. Not very fluid...I think it's because of the curve instead of a straight line. The zipper has to work harder.

Mine is a bit 'sticky' as well and I just try and muscle it into submission. It doesn't seem to be as difficult as yours though. I've always contributed it to the curved design of the bag as my lockit horizontal will do the same on occasion. I would say, take it in and see if they can take a look at it.

The curved zipper makes it a little tough to open and close but it shouldn't get stuck. But because it is a little tougher to open and close, you shouldn't try to force it if it "hangs" a little. If you have a very small set of pliers, maybe you can try to straighten it in line with the others.