Tivoli GM or Monty GM?

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
In your opinion which out of the 2 is more comfortable to carry as well as stylish? The Tivoli rolled handles, do they get softer over time?

Jul 15, 2011
California
Comfort wise I would say the Monty, style wise the Tivoli is really nice. I bought the Tivoli GM and returned it for the Galliera. It was not working for me and when I tried it at home the straps on the Tivoli kept slipping off. It's a really heavy bag as well. HTH

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Midwest
For comfort? For sure the Monty. But I'd pick the Delightful GM for comfort over either any day. :smile: Good luck!

CATEYES

Lovin My Sons & Dogs
Aug 1, 2011
Cali
I only know about the Tivoli GM b/c I have that one. It's lightweight until you put a bunch of stuff in it. Then it does feels heavy & I have always kept my straps to the longest setting so it doesn't slip off my shoulders as much as others mention. That helped me anyway. It's details are so pretty too. (sigh......) good luck deciding!

CATEYES

Lovin My Sons & Dogs
Aug 1, 2011
Cali
Oh yeah, to answer your question, the handles do soften up quickly but not overly soft. Hope this helps:smile:

vuittonaholic

Mar 22, 2009
I have the Monty GM and it is comfortable to carry. It holds a lot and the straps don't hurt on my shoulder :smile:

Oct 25, 2010
California
I've had both and love both.. I've sold my monty gm but want to re-purchase it because I miss it! I think the monty is like a speedy with shoulder straps, it holds a ton and if very comfy to carry. The tivoli is easy to carry, holds a ton, and stylish... I think the tivoli is more like a "ladies" handbag IMHO. The prices are significantly different. I think the tivoli is now around $1600, and the monty gm is not nearly as much. Let us know which one you end up getting! =))