tips or suggestions for wearing 2 Love Bracelet together

alana40

O.G.
Mar 19, 2010
HI, eveyone i just bought my 2nd Love bracelet in YG yesterday ;) and still waiting for the bracelet to arrive. I will be wearing this Lovely YG stacking with my WG Love Bracelet. I need tips and suggestions of How to wear both of them together without causing much damage or dents around the edges. ... I am so very happy to get my 2nd Love... yeah yeah but i am a bit concern about wearing it :sweatdrop: any tips...

I was wearing both my loves on the same wrist for awhile but I found that the two bracelets clanking together loosened the screw. I was having to readjust on a daily basis. I eventually just decided to wear one on each wrist...

We had the same problem with the screws loosening on my wife's two loves. I put a little LocTite 'Purple' on the screw threads and no more problem with loose screws.

YES - The LocTite Purple is the weakest of the various types. With it the screws are snug, but with a little extra twist, they come right out. Don't use the Blue or Red unless you don't want to ever get the screws out!

A side note: Although the screwdriver that comes with the love is cute, it's totaly useless and will strip the slot on the screws. Get a small jewelers screwdriver of the right size and use that instead. At our Cartier store that's what the SA's use. Not as sexy, however!

Bob

Is it easy to take off though if needs be?

Reactions: HeartHermes
avcbob said:
YES - The LocTite Purple is the weakest of the various types. With it the screws are snug, but with a little extra twist, they come right out. Don't use the Blue or Red unless you don't want to ever get the screws out!

A side note: Although the screwdriver that comes with the love is cute, it's totaly useless and will strip the slot on the screws. Get a small jewelers screwdriver of the right size and use that instead. At our Cartier store that's what the SA's use. Not as sexy, however!

Bob

Oh thanks Bob!! Will the loc Tite damage the gold at all? And sorry but what do you mean it will strip the slot on the screw?

Cantbelieve-

I'm not a chemical engineer, so I can't speak to potential damage to the gold with LocTite. I will say it's designed for use on watches and small parts so I'd think it would be OK - It's been on my wifes loves for while now with no adverse effect that we can see. Take a look at their website for their suggested uses. My wife and I also enjoy the knowledge that her bracelets are one more step towards non removable! She wears other gold that's been on for many, many years, so the loves fit right in.

As for the screwdriver, I found that a jewelers screwdriver of the correct size engages the screw slot perfectly. The gold screwdriver is like some people I've known - looks good but doesn't get the job done. If you put a screwdriver in any screw head that isn't the right size the blade can slip out of the slot. When it slips out it damages the slot of the screw. Being that the screws are so small and in full view, you wouldn't want them damaged. I made that mistake and goofed up one of the screws and needed to have it replaced...learn from my errors! Like I said, the Cartier sales people don't use anything but a jewelers screwdriver and there's a reason for that!

Bob

Oh thanks Bob!! Will the loc Tite damage the gold at all? And sorry but what do you mean it will strip the slot on the screw?

avcbob said:
Cantbelieve-

I'm not a chemical engineer, so I can't speak to potential damage to the gold with LocTite. I will say it's designed for use on watches and small parts so I'd think it would be OK - It's been on my wifes loves for while now with no adverse effect that we can see. Take a look at their website for their suggested uses. My wife and I also enjoy the knowledge that her bracelets are one more step towards non removable! She wears other gold that's been on for many, many years, so the loves fit right in.

As for the screwdriver, I found that a jewelers screwdriver of the correct size engages the screw slot perfectly. The gold screwdriver is like some people I've known - looks good but doesn't get the job done. If you put a screwdriver in any screw head that isn't the right size the blade can slip out of the slot. When it slips out it damages the slot of the screw. Being that the screws are so small and in full view, you wouldn't want them damaged. I made that mistake and goofed up one of the screws and needed to have it replaced...learn from my errors! Like I said, the Cartier sales people don't use anything but a jewelers screwdriver and there's a reason for that!

Bob

Oh thank you so much for clearing that up! It has me inspecting my bracelet under a spot light for like 15 minutes lol! I'm so OCD though I know scratches are inevitable...but now I'm also checking whether when the screw was used whether its stripped the slot! Only put it on once at the boutique and once at home and tightened another one time, so fingers crossed no scratching/stripping yet! But the Cartier in London is seriously lacking - no 'sizing bracelets', so all the love bracelets were the ones bought/tried on before, and no jewellers screwdriver! And the one in Selfridges even kept scratching the bracelet while trying to put on/take off the bracelet! Was seriously put off..

Interesting.

I have been wearing my two love bracelets together for about 3 months now, and so far the loosening screws issue had only happened once of the very first week, so far so good with fingers across:P:P

I was so fear of wearing them on one wrist but not now, they do looks good together IMHO:biggrin::biggrin:

Reactions: HeartHermes
I've also been wearing my 2 love bracelets together for several months and no loosening screws so far. The only thing I noticed is that they easily get scracthed when I work out with heavy free weights at the gym. It has caused two deep scratches which is rather annoying.

Cantbelieve-

Bob

Bob, can I ask what brand and size of jewelers screwdriver you use? I do have to remove my bracelet every so often and really want to make sure I use the right kind of screwdriver. I have no idea which kind or size of jewelers screwdriver to get. Thanks so much!

I don't know off hand - I'll take a look at the one I use and let you know. Are you in the US? I remember I got it at a large chain hardware store in San Francisco. My wife was standing there and I tried them for size on her bracelets in the tool department!

Bob, can I ask what brand and size of jewelers screwdriver you use? I do have to remove my bracelet every so often and really want to make sure I use the right kind of screwdriver. I have no idea which kind or size of jewelers screwdriver to get. Thanks so much!

avcbob said:
I don't know off hand - I'll take a look at the one I use and let you know. Are you in the US? I remember I got it at a large chain hardware store in San Francisco. My wife was standing there and I tried them for size on her bracelets in the tool department!

I am in the West Los Angeles area. I have a cheap set of small screwdrivers (for changing kids toys batteries). None of them seem to fit the bracelet well. Any direction/advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. I called the Beverly Hills store to ask them which one they used (they didn't use the little gold one to put it on me) and they couldn't tell me.