Tips on wearing super high heels?

imchristina

Jul 12, 2009
Does anyone have tips to share on wearing towering heels? I bought a pair of YSL tributes that are about five inches. :shocked: (problematic purchase; don't ask) The platform doesn't make them much easier to trot in. So I really need help in wearing them in a more comfortable way, if there is any at all.

hm , i think you ( your feet ) needs to get use to the new height ..i mean 1" is alot of difference :smile: try walking around the house as much as you can in them , This i've learnt from the ladies over at the Louboutin forum when it comes to crazy heel heights ..i.e 120/5" w/o platforms :P

Is it the mary jane tribute pumps? I have a pair of those. If it helps, put a tiny amount of lotion on your feet. Not enough for your foot to be sliding around too, but enough so you can move your feet without feeling like you're ripping skin. They take a while to break into...mine was patent leather and I literally wore them around the house for 2 days...mail man got a kick out of it.

I would take them off a couple of times a day so you can stretch your feet as well.

They're a rather comfortable fit. But the height is quite difficult to endure for the whole day (I wear them to work). And I have to walk gingerly to keep myself stable.

:biggrin: I know the feeling - I'm just not sure the 12 cm (app. 5'') heels are meant to be worn all day ... I have a pair of 12 cm booties with a platform I wear all day to work, at the end of the day my feet are very tired! I try to remember to bring an extra pair so I can change a couple of times during the day if I (my feet!) feel like it :smile:

for me, heels that high are "sitting" shoes.. I don't wear them if I'll be doing a lot of standing or walking.. and if I know I'll be walking on uneven pavement or cobblestone, I definitely don't wear them

Some heels really are just not all day heels. I am comfortable in a 120mm heel at work if I am not standing all day, but if I had a job where I stood a lot I would never make it (and I always keep spare flats in my desk just in case).

That said, there really is no quick and easy method. It just takes practice. I consider myself pretty comfortable in high shoes but I just bought a pair of Balenciaga platforms which have a 6 1/2 inch heel (170mm) with an inch platform and they are very hard to walk in. All I can do is wear them around the house and practice, practice, practice. It may be slow but it works.

Is it the mary jane tribute pumps? I have a pair of those. If it helps, put a tiny amount of lotion on your feet. Not enough for your foot to be sliding around too, but enough so you can move your feet without feeling like you're ripping skin. They take a while to break into...mine was patent leather and I literally wore them around the house for 2 days...mail man got a kick out of it.

I would take them off a couple of times a day so you can stretch your feet as well.

They're these http://ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Women/Shoes/Pumps/P-Platform Pump in Black Leather.aspx. I don't know why it says that the heels are 4 inches (which are the max that I could take a whole day). I have a pair in grey that are the most comfortable pair of heels I've ever worn so I wanted a pair in black for daily wear but they turned out to be to much for daily wear.

If I tried them before buying at the stores, I wouldn't have bought them. But I bought them online on the basis that they were exactly the same as my grey pair. Now that I've bought them, I find it a waste not to get my money's worth and wear them. :graucho:

No more online shopping!

i fell once when i was wearing 5" heel (1" platform)...b/c the floor was wet in the restaurant. i think it's b/c of the platform that i couldn't feel the floor make me fall easier. i don't think there's any other way except wear them more often. you can begin wearing them more often at work or at home then extend the time to outdoor while not rushing for the subway/cab/bus if u live in nyc.