Tips on wearing super high heels?

Just practice around at home before venturing out. I made a mistake just a week ago by putting on a pair of 5" heels to go shopping without even first practicing on them. I could barely walk around and ended up driving back home. I have a new pair of MK heels that are 5 1/4" but I don't know if those heels being that high are really suppose to be on your feet the whole day. I only have one 5" pair that is very comfortable.

I agree...definitely don't wear them if you need to do a LOT of walking! And of course, practice alllll the time. I always wear heels around my apartment if I need to get used to them or break them in. I've even taken out my trash in heels if I think I need practice walking on surfaces other than my carpet...lemme tell you, I don't think I've EVER gotten weirder looks in my life hahaha! But hey, it helps!

I tried those shoes, and they come in 2 heel-heights, and the higher ones are so hard to walk in for me, especially on my ankle. I have small feet, so the extremely high arch really hurts. I think maybe you should see if you can walk with them around the house, like everyone else is suggesting, and that should hopefully get you used to it.

If not, just wear them out to dinner/drinks, like everyone else suggested!

They are beautiful shoes, so I hope they work out for you:smile:

1. Arch supports ... Dr. Scholl's are bigger than AirPlus so it depends for what you choose. Sometimes I even combine the two because I have high arches.
2. Sometimes under ball of foot supports, maybe even to make the heel a little less high-feeling. These help with rubbing, and if you need that help but not the padding, use the new Dr. Scholl's rub strips.
3. Under-heel supports unless there's sufficient padding there, usually there's not. With open shoes the massaging gel ones let my foot slip though.
4. Of course with most shoes I need those rub prevention strips.
5. Since I put a ton of this stuff in my shoes, I now wear a bigger size. Haha. So maybe size up if you follow my advice. Besides, sometimes my old size was tight or brands didn't offer half sizes. (Sometimes my feet swell a bit or more.)

I cannot go above 2.75" but that might be because I have kind of small feet. Used to be 2.25" though! Yay for now, haha.

Oh! Also - it matters where you walk. A mall is much better than a parking lot craft fair, for example.

I agree...definitely don't wear them if you need to do a LOT of walking! And of course, practice alllll the time. I always wear heels around my apartment if I need to get used to them or break them in. I've even taken out my trash in heels if I think I need practice walking on surfaces other than my carpet...lemme tell you, I don't think I've EVER gotten weirder looks in my life hahaha! But hey, it helps!

What, that's weird? Haha.

I sometimes go out to my front porch and walk around, or for some other reason go out there in my heels... I wonder if people ever think I'm weird.

Of course usually I would go out there for a while to take ensemble photos and REALLY look crazy.

I don't wear anything over 4 inches because it's just too much of PITA. However platforms do help and so does walking on the ball of the platform

Personally I think it looks kind of ridiculous if you are visibly struggling in heels. So I just wear like a 4 inch heel tops.