Tips on tips, please? VP Black patent

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,
    So, my quest to get a pair of black patent VPs has been challenging.....I ordered online from NM, and they sent calf leather with a burgundy tip....so they went back. I expected the black to come in with a red or burgundy tip, but last night they came with a black tip? I can't decide if I should keep them or return to try to get another tip color?
    Ladies, which tip do you prefer (and why) on a pair of black patent VPs? Red, burgundy, or black?

2. I prefer burgundy. I like how it makes the shoe a little more interesting, but it's more subtle than the red.

3. Hmm, this is tough because of nm.com's erratic shipments and the wide variety of combos available. It's all a matter of preference really. I happen to like the black patent with red tip. I have the black kid with burgundy tip because it was my first love. I bought them, returned them, only to want them again. At the time I really preferred the look of black kid. Now, I love the look of black patent against the red sole and the red tip. However, it's a bit too close for me to have both. Since I can't have both, I want you to have the black with red tip.

4. thanks laureen and lavenderice....at first i wanted the red tip, then when i got the burgundy tip (with the wrong leather) i liked that, and now that i have the black tip with the right leather i can't decide which i prefer.

lovelyxmelody went through something similar with NM online and the tip issue on her VPs....it seems that NM will send you whatever tip they want at this point.

5. Personally I perfer the burgundy, but the red comes in close second.

6. If I had to choose I'd also go Burgundy tip with Black patent.

7. I like the patent with the burgandy tip. Like Laureen, I like the contrast and like that the burgandy is a bit more subtle than the red. Also, I have the kid black & red architeks which are a fancier NP.

8. i would either do burgundy or red tip with black patent leather

9. personally i like the same color tips on black and nude vps. i like to have red/burgundy pedis and i always worry that if it wasn't a close match it would look funny. also, i like burgundy tips better but i'm not sure i like the red sole with a different red tip, kwim? i feel like black with black or nude with nude just showcases your pedicure better and goes with more. but i do like how they look in pictures. i just feel differently for myself.

10. I absolutely love my black patent with black tip. They go with absolutely everything! I also have the black kid with red tip and I love those. I suppose if I didn't have those (they were my first pair of CLs), perhaps I'd want the red tip?? It's so Louboutin to have the red tip I think! Hard decision! I don't think you can go wrong though! :smile:

11. I just love how the red of the tip matches the soles. Red is my choice :smile:

I love them all though, if I am honest! :biggrin:

12. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them... but my personal preference is black patent with burgundy tip and black kid with red tip.

13. I would go for the black patent with burgundy tip.

14. Thanks for the input keya, aeross, ronsdiva, carlinha, hlfinn, amanda, chloe-babe, rilokiley, and sakura. Everyone makes good points -- truth of the matter is, I can't go wrong. May we all have choosing VP tips as the worst of our troubles. :smile:

I think I'm going to go stare at the pair I received some more....I've been looking at plenty of pictures....

15. I have to agree with thr majority here. Definitely Burgandy tip!!:yes: