Tips on removing seller's category limit

All sellers are required to have a minimum 5-day listing for highly faked brands. Ebay changed that policy at least 5 years ago in order to avoid sellers who'd run 1-day (and 3-day) listings and the items would end before they were reported.

If what you're saying is happening, it's probably that the sellers are running 3-day listings without brand name references and revising those listings and adding the brand names toward the end of the listing period. And it's not ebay-legal.

Interesting! Well what I'm seeing is listings ending within the next 24 hrs that are shown as listed within the last 24 hrs. So... I guess they must be doing the retrofit. Wow. Thanks for the info! (And no, I won't be adopting the practice. :P)

shopaholism said:
^While there are other sites you could sell them on (Bonz or HardlyEverWornIt), neither of them get much traffic. You might try scrambling the name by listing them as "Isabel (Style name, size, color) Shoes Marant" and see if you can get them up that way.

Thanks!

yes, the traffic of other auction site seems low. Actually the problem i am having is on the price, my limit is usd200, which is really low as i want to sell a pair of brand new shoes. If i list my item there in lower price and ask the buyer to contact me directly, is it not allowed?

^oh, hmmm. That I haven't had experience with. You could perhaps try a starting bid below 200 and place a reserve that's closer to the price you want? (I don't know if that would work, though, and reserves do tend to scare away some buyers)

I had category limits when I first started selling. I had only been selling a few months and I didn't know I had category limits. It was just before Christmas and I knew it would be much harder to sell after Christmas. I called Ebay on the phone and explained the situation. I told them that if I had to wait a month to sell more, it would be after Christmas. They looked at my feedback and saw that I had no complaints and lifted the limits right then. So all you have to do is ask. If you get a "no", call the next day and ask someone else.
Do not ask the buyer to contact you directly. That is against Ebay policy. A $200 limit seems very low. I think that you might also send documentation to Ebay proving that your item is authentic and then ask if you can list it for the price that you want.

I have been selling for over three years, and never had this message pop up. I currently have one Chanel bag listed, and I wanted to list more Chanel items, but ebay won't let me. I tried listed other designer brands like Jimmy Choo and YSL and they all worked, so my guess is I am only blocked for Chanel. Why would they all of a sudden decide to do sometime like this? This is not my first time listing Chanel and I haven't had this problem before. Frustrating.