TIPS on how to ease your MALE LOVED ONES to LV

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Hello fellow tpfer's. I'm posting this thread in response to all the posts I've read regarding lots of tpf ladies having a tough time convincing their male loved ones to get or use LV.

Many guys are NOT UNcomfortable to carry LV believe it or not. What they're uncomfortable with is the perceived notion of LV being too "feminine" particularly with the Monogram Canvas or even the Damier Ebene and in doing so, they refuse to carry it.

Guys like things that are very sturdy and very very discreet. When it comes to LV wallets, you will succeed if you get him Epi, Taiga, or Utah in all black or dark brown. When you gift it to him, don't give it while the product is still in the LV shopper or in the box. Put it (wallet and dust felt) in an unsuspecting/discreet box or gift bag so he won't feel uneasy opening it. Chances are, he won't know it's LV unless he opens it and sees the "Louis Vuitton made in ---" stamp" LOL!

If he can't tell it's LV, then chances are his "macho" buddies won't be able to tell either and that will truly preserve his masculinity.......and voila!! You just transformed him into an LV fan :smile:

Here's another tip, have it heatstamped with his initials but no metallic or bright colors; just the heat-stamp on the leather.

I hope this helps ladies and gents. Hehe....perhaps you can use these tips when you get him LV for Valentine's Day.

Hello fellow tpfer's. I'm posting this thread in response to all the posts I've read regarding lots of tpf ladies having a tough time convincing their male loved ones to get or use LV.

Many guys are NOT UNcomfortable to carry LV believe it or not. What they're uncomfortable with is the perceived notion of LV being too "feminine" particularly with the Monogram Canvas or even the Damier Ebene and in doing so, they refuse to carry it.

Guys like things that are very sturdy and very very discreet. When it comes to LV wallets, you will succeed if you get him Epi, Taiga, or Utah in all black or dark brown. When you gift it to him, don't give it while the product is still in the LV shopper or in the box. Put it (wallet and dust felt) in an unsuspecting/discreet box or gift bag so he won't feel uneasy opening it. Chances are, he won't know it's LV unless he opens it and sees the "Louis Vuitton made in ---" stamp" LOL!

If he can't tell it's LV, then chances are his "macho" buddies won't be able to tell either and that will truly preserve his masculinity.......and voila!! You just transformed him into an LV fan :smile:

Here's another tip, have it heatstamped with his initials but no metallic or bright colors; just the heat-stamp on the leather.

I hope this helps ladies and gents. Hehe....perhaps you can use these tips when you get him LV for Valentine's Day.

Thank you for the tips!

Thanks for the tips. But regardless, my DH will NOT carry LV. He has told me several times that its just not his thing. But he is happy for me (and willing to put up with my purchases!)

i got my DBF a damier graphite wallet for christmas and he loves it! - also got it hot stamped with his initals...i didn't have to hide the wallet in a different box or anything though, i just wrapped it up. :upsidedown:

another line of LV wallet that is also very discreet is the 'chicago' leather...very soft compared to the canvas. :yes:

That's an awesome tip OP but DH has told me numerous times that he'd kill me if I ever bought him anything LV! He'd rather have new parts for his car! LOL I'm kinda the same way when it comes to jewelry; I'd rather have a new LV than jewelry any day!

Thanks for the tips - on heat stamp especially! My hubby is ok with damier graphite - we both agree it looks stunning and 'macho' enough, lol! But I'm sure he'll love the epi, taiga or Utah leather too!!

I think my DH would faint if he ever found out how much a men's wallet would be plus he's pretty careless --he leaves his wallet laying around the house and on many occasions we've had to search the car because it's fallen down or he took it out of his back pocket!!

On a positive note, I think he's slowly getting used to ME carrying LV!! LOL!

I bought my husband a taiga wallet for Christmas and I doubt most men would even know it was an LV. I also had his initials discreetly hot stamped inside. It's a beautiful wallet and he seemed to like it.

That's an awesome tip OP but DH has told me numerous times that he'd kill me if I ever bought him anything LV! He'd rather have new parts for his car! LOL I'm kinda the same way when it comes to jewelry; I'd rather have a new LV than jewelry any day!

i absolutely agree with you when it comes to have either jewelry or new lv. i would prefer to have lv. So lucky when i presented him to visit lv shop, i thought he won't like it but then he started searching and yet starting to like it, now we are both best of friends collecting lv.

I didn't have a problem with my DH. I originally got him a Taiga wallet and he exchanged it for something in Mono cause he wanted LV to be all over it. Unfortunately the Mono Canvas didn't wear well for him so I just bought him a new one in Damier Infini. He went with me to pick it out and although he really liked the wallet, he couldn't get over the price tag. Hopefully this one will wear better.

Thankfully, the manager my bf works with is one of the most stylish gay man you will ever meet, he always looks so pulled together and professional I keep asking him to take my bf shopping! But he loves LV and i think his influence is slowly rubbing of on him... 3 weeks after the restaurant opened my bf was talking about getting himself a nice messenger bag... which he never wanted before. So I got my bf a coach mens bag and wallet and random "man" stuff for his bag (like a huge swiss army knife, plain leather agenda, flashlight etc.) to start him with. He really enjoyed being able to put all of his new little toys and gadgets in there... it was so cute watching him rearrange everything in his bag! So I'm hoping if he takes care of the coach stuff I can move him to LV and can utilize all of your lovely tips! I think when a man realizes that theres a way to look put together without emasculating himself, thats when everything clicks.