Tips on how to care for a senior dog

@SouthTampa, any news on how little Braque is doing? We also have a doggie diagnosed with Cushings and are just beginning treatment.
He is doing well, all things considered. He has an appointment next week to start the cushings treatment. I was out
of town for the holidays so I held off so I would be near my veterinarian. I am worried about the side effects due to his age.
Here is a photo of Braque in his new sweater. I call it his “going to hunt quail” outfit. 😛

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0611.jpeg
    IMG_0611.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 9
He is doing well, all things considered. He has an appointment next week to start the cushings treatment. I was out
of town for the holidays so I held off so I would be near my veterinarian. I am worried about the side effects due to his age.
Here is a photo of Braque in his new sweater. I call it his “going to hunt quail” outfit. 😛
We are 2 weeks into the Cushing's treatment and so far, so good. On a couple of occasions he has been hesitant to eat his entire meal at once which is the only side effect we have seen. He is a good eater, a food motivated type of dog, so even this slight decline is noteworthy. He has capsules which are given twice a day with food. We have taken to calling the capsules treats or cookies when we ask him to sit before administering them. I've only done this a couple of times. More consistency needed here.