Tips for Wearing Ballet Slippers

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Hi all,

So I bought a pair of ballet slippers in the fall, and I absolutely love them (not much of a heels girl). The problem....I wore them once and had blisters on my heels that took 2 weeks to go away...unbelievably painful. I then decide to buy those really short nylons/socks to have some protection on my heels, but you can see them around the edges of the shoe, and I kind of like the barefoot look.

Any advice? Is it dorky and unfashionable to wear really thin socks with them if you're wearing pants?

They sell these little gel like heel inserts you stick inside the back of the shoes...I have to do this or I get blisters too. I found them in the foot isle at Walgreen's.

This is the second thread I see on here about this...so I must come clean and admit that although I have several flats and I love them, I too have the same problem. However, in my case I only got the blisters when I first wore the flats, after I "broke them in", it was no longer a problem. Maybe put some thick socks on and wear them around the house, so you can stretch them a little before you decide to wear them out again...I especially have this problem with the patent leather flats that I own.

I actually started a very similar thread a few weeks ago!

I wear knee high nylons with my flats so you don't see the edge of them over the shoe, and I wear Dr. Scholl's "For Her" gel inserts- they work wonders.

oh oh oh i just read this in cosmo last month (or was it glamour?) whatver....they make this liquid bandage that you can get anywhere (ie walgreens) and you bassically paint it onto youro skin and it creates a clear layer of "skin"....protects your actual skin from the rubbing!!!

Try it! :smile: