Tips for people getting surgery alone?

I will drag my family along with me. They can go sightseeing in Gangnam for 14 days:biggrin:.

Or else I will try to see if my Chinese Korean friend is wanting to go again for a redo of her FL.

If I am heading for Korea, I will have to wait until 2023.

In the end, I might well end up doing this locally. No choice here, even if Korea is best in this field.

Hi am new here so can't sent a pm. But can you share which clinic did you go to? And do you actually book a surgery date with the clinic first before going down for consultation?

Hi, I just made a detailed post about my DES experience. Sorry, I had to reset my password so I could not see your message. Let me know if you can't see it! I am Korean American but my mom lives in Korea so I decided to visit for the summer. My aunt was the one who helped me with booking an appointment and going to the consultation. I stayed in Korea for three months during summer break, I am a college student and have family there, so I am sorry if I cannot help you with traveling and finding places to stay, etc.

Reactions: Fljnn9393
I’m Still researching various countries. My first trip is probably mid 2022
Hey, where are you coming from and have you booked any consults/finalize on countries? Im also towards my end of researching a few different countries for rhinoplasty. I'm based in Toronto and planning to fly out around May-June 2022. Maybe lets connect if youre comfortable? :smile:

did you ever find if there was a group for surgery buddies? I'm planning to go in may-june to korea and I'd love to have ppl to go with
unfortunately no there was another thread for surgery buddies in 2022 but apparently is not really active . Are you going alone too? and have you decided on which clinic? I'm still doing my research but haven't really contacted any of them yet

I don't see myself going with anyone. Firstly my mum doesn't support ps and secondly it's a period of vulnerability IMO, I rather be alone but then idk if I can cope being alone for 2 weeks+ hahahahaha
Omg, same here. My mum doesn't support and my sibling can't go with me. I'll be going alone too. Have you done the surgery? If you did, can you share your experience?

Even though it is a scary trip to go on alone, I am glad you guys are not doing DES or any other type of surgery in the US. If I had a second chance, I definitely would not have done DES in LA, CA. I wish I went to Korea and found out about PurseForum sooner. Too many sketchy doctors here. I'm not saying there aren't any bad doctors in Korea but definitely you can find a good one if you search well. In California...not so much. You can check out one of my comments in a thread to find out what plastic surgeons to avoid in California.

My best advice would be to not make hasty decisions, consult with lots of doctors, and never let the doctor make you feel insecure and push you to do more surgeries. Because one bad decision made by impulse in plastic surgery can ruin your life (not tryna be dramatic but thats my experience).

Reactions: Apricotcake
Hello! Is there anyone travelling on the week of April 10th-15th for their surgery? I’ll be staying across the Rex tower.
Please DM me, looking for a surgery friend :smile:
My first time in Korea and first time getting FC and rhinoplasty.
I will be getting those procedures at two different clinics, 2 weeks apart.
I can only be away for so long, I’ll be there for a month.

Reactions: gusu_melody
Hello! Is there anyone travelling on the week of April 10th-15th for their surgery? I’ll be staying across the Rex tower.
Please DM me, looking for a surgery friend :smile:
My first time in Korea and first time getting FC and rhinoplasty.
I will be getting those procedures at two different clinics, 2 weeks apart.
I can only be away for so long, I’ll be there for a month.
I'm going to korea for revisional DES on May 6th. I'm also looking for Dr recommendations and surgery friends! Feel free to msg me, my kakao ID is kikkim10.

Reactions: Maple2021
Hey, where are you coming from and have you booked any consults/finalize on countries? Im also towards my end of researching a few different countries for rhinoplasty. I'm based in Toronto and planning to fly out around May-June 2022. Maybe lets connect if youre comfortable? :smile:

I’m also from TO! But thinking of going to Korea in October/November 2022 :smile: I kept looking into doctors in Toronto but heard so many bad things despite higher prices, it made me nervous.

I’m also from TO! But thinking of going to Korea in October/November 2022 :smile: I kept looking into doctors in Toronto but heard so many bad things despite higher prices, it made me nervous.

Hi! Goodluck with your research. If youre looking into Rhinoplasty, I can share my research with you. I'm looking to get it done soon. Just waiting for some things to be sorted out on my end. However, I have reached out for a few consultations in Toronto, Dr.Asaria specifically was my first choice here. But he turned my down because of my "over expectations" saying that patients like me will end up highly disappointed lol.

Reactions: gusu_melody