Tips before buying Chanel

Cclover2013

Jan 17, 2017
Hi ladies!
I'm not sure if this is allowed but I wanted to help anyone I possibly can with some tips I've learned recently that I wish I would've known myself After years of buying Chanel.
1) Buying from the store brand new
I would
First - try to locate the bag at a department store in New York called Hirshleifers. You won't have to pay tax if you don't live in New York and you can accumulate points, after every 10 points you earn you receive a $500 store credit, which could be used on any brands they carry-Chanel, celine, etc (negative is their return policy, you'll only receive store credit, so make sure you want the item you're ordering if you don't mind a store credit)
Second store I would personally choose is Bergdorf Goodman, once again you won't have to pay tax if you don't live in New York and if you have a neiman Marcus card you can use it here since they're connected companies. So you'll receive Neimans points while getting tax free if you don't live in New York. (Awesome return policy)
Third store is Jeffreys, also located in New York, just tax free if you don't live in New York. No point system though.
Fourth is Saks fifth avenue. If you get approved for a Saks card you Get 10 percent off your first purchase on all items, including Chanel. So make sure you use your first purchase discount wisely. Have your sa find your holy grail bag with an slg or jewelry. And if you ship it to a state that doesn't have a Saks, you won't have to pay tax on top of that discount and you'll also receive your Saks points.
Of course after all of the above I would choose dept stores like Neimans, Bloomingdales and nordstroms because you'll get store points before buying at a boutique.
Hope this helps someone. Taking a break from All bags❤

Also, preloved, if you don't want to risk buying a fake from eBay or scared about possibly having to open a PayPal case, I personally recommend fashionphile.com. I personally think they grade there bags just right or if anything a little lower than they actually are. Aweome return policy and if you ship somewhere not in california you get tax free :smile:. Make sure to look at the discount alerts for the item you're interested in too.

Hi ladies!
I'm not sure if this is allowed but I wanted to help anyone I possibly can with some tips I've learned recently that I wish I would've known myself After years of buying Chanel.
I would
First - try to locate the bag at a department store in New York called Hirshleifers. You won't have to pay tax if you don't live in New York and you can accumulate points, after every 10 points you earn you receive a $500 store credit, which could be used on any brands they carry-Chanel, celine, etc (negative is their return policy, you'll only receive store credit, so make sure you want the item you're ordering if you don't mind a store credit)
Second store I would personally choose is Bergdorf Goodman, once again you won't have to pay tax if you don't live in New York and if you have a neiman Marcus card you can use it here since they're connected companies. So you'll receive Neimans points while getting tax free if you don't live in New York. (Awesome return policy)
Third store is Jeffreys, also located in New York, just tax free if you don't live in New York. No point system though.
Fourth is Saks fifth avenue. If you get approved for a Saks card you Get 10 percent off your first purchase on all items, including Chanel. So make sure you use your first purchase discount wisely. Have your sa find your holy grail bag with an slg or jewelry. And if you ship it to a state that doesn't have a Saks, you won't have to pay tax on top of that discount and you'll also receive your Saks points.
Of course after all of the above I would choose dept stores like Neimans, Bloomingdales and nordstroms because you'll get store points before buying at a boutique.

Thank you for your lovely tips, I wish I didn't live in New York. LOL:smile:

Hi ladies!
I would
Hope this helps someone. Taking a break from All bags[emoji173]

Nice tips! I'm new to Chanel & needed advice like this. It also helps that I live in NJ but work in NY. Please DM me if you know any SA in bergdorf or hirshleifers. I've never heard of the second one before. I just found SA at Jeffrey but they don't seem to get anything I'm interested or just not for me since I'm new.

Reactions: Cclover2013
You can always send it to someone you trust and have them send it to you :smile:. If your purchase is big enough it'll be worth it :smile:

Oh gosh I wish I could but I have no family living outside of New York. My hubby's coworker is in N.J. but I am not sure she would want to have me send it to her home especially since her partner may think it's for her. LOL I unfortunately purchased all of my big ticket pieces already. I would have done anything to know that it was best to purchase during rewards points events or new store account back when I opened my Bloomies account. Apparently they used to offer 20% off twice a year a few years ago and it included Chanel. Jean from Extrapetite on Youtube discussed those tips at the time she purchased her medium classic flap in caviar leather it was $3900 and she received 20% on top of that. But when I opened my account in 2009 Chanel was never on my radar so I lost out on that perk. I believe now that Macys owns Bloomies they may have gotten rid of that 20% off 2x a year event for new account holders. I have heard that if you are visiting from a different country and can provide a passport at C.R. inside Bloomies then they will honor 10% off not sure if it can be used on Chanel however. Thank you sweetie for being so thoughtful. Hope you are having a lovely day.:flowers:

15 A Red Reissue size 225 Saks 5th Ave
Black Caviar Small Classic Flap SHW from BG
Navy Lambskin Rect. Mini Madison Ave ( currently on wait list for this season Navy, Dark Red, Beige)
Natural Beauty Wash Caviar Bloomingdale's 59th Street
3 pairs of Espadrilles, Card / Coin Holder, wallet, Jewelry

My #1 tip - You should definitely go to the store in person to try on the different styles before buying it. I always thought I wanted the M/L classic flap but turns out after I went and tried it on, it wasn't for me at all. I ended up getting a jumbo. My mom bought a boy bag without having tried it on, she really loved it on her friend but was too embarassed to ask her friend if she could try it, and then she also wanted the lambskin bc she didn't like the thought of a caviar bag (lambskin is so luxurious, right?). So she bought the lambskin boy... and yeah she has regrets because the lambskin is too delicate. I wear my caviar jumbo out and she looks at it and says she wishes she bought caviar instead. So yeah, try it on!!

thanks for sharing your tips.

how does the point system at Hirshliefers work?

also, if you order from Sak you can do a "gift send" without paying taxes so long as you purchase from a Saks that is outside of your state. for example, if I live in California, I can order from a Saks in New York and have them do a "gift send". gift send it to a trustworthy friend or family member whom you can pick it up from :smile:

Hi ladies!
I would

thanks for sharing your tips.

how does the point system at Hirshliefers work?

also, if you order from Sak you can do a "gift send" without paying taxes so long as you purchase from a Saks that is outside of your state. for example, if I live in California, I can order from a Saks in New York and have them do a "gift send". gift send it to a trustworthy friend or family member whom you can pick it up from :smile:
So with hirsh, every 750 you spend in one transaction is 1 point. So if you spend under 750 multiple times it does not equal one point. So for a 2000 purchase you'll receive 2 points :smile: . And omg really?? I heard that it doesn't matter. If there's a store company in your state you would have to pay tax? :/

Hi ladies!
I would
This was very helpful!! I didnt know Jeffrey's was a store before this, I thought it was an SA that everybody was recommending in Chanel Boutique/Store Stock thread :biggrin:

So with hirsh, every 750 you spend in one transaction is 1 point. So if you spend under 750 multiple times it does not equal one point. So for a 2000 purchase you'll receive 2 points :smile: . And omg really?? I heard that it doesn't matter. If there's a store company in your state you would have to pay tax? :/
Good Evening Cclover2013,
Yikes I had no clue about the points system with Hirsh. that seems really poor. I saw a youtube video where a woman recommended Webster in Chicago I believe and they also only have a single location or perhaps one in Florida. In any case if I were to purchase a Chanel mini from them then I would not have to pay N.Y.C tax. It sucks to live in N.Y. because every other state benefits from shopping at BG, Jeffreys, Or Hirsh. they don't have to pay the whopping 8.875% sales tax.

Last edited:
Good Evening Cclover2013,
Yikes I had no clue about the points system with Hirsh. that seems really poor. I saw a youtube video where a woman recommended Webster in Chicago I believe and they also only have a single location or perhaps one in Florida. In any case if I were to purchase a Chanel mini from them then I would not have to pay N.Y.C tax. It sucks to live in N.Y. because every other state benefits from shopping at BG, Jeffreys, Or Hirsh. they don't have to pay the whopping 8.875% sales tax.
That's awesome! Hopefully they can locate you one Hun! ❤ And if worse comes to worse, at least you have the benefit of choosing and picking First hand, then can have the store ship it to someone you trust and just pay for that person to ship it back It to you? Just an option :smile:

it also depends on the SA at the Saks. some will do it for you, but some will not.