Tipping for a Brazilian Blowout...

Lyanna

Feb 19, 2006
Hi all,

I don't post much here, but I read the posts all the time. :smile: Anyway, I just searched and searched and cannot locate the answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm FINALLY getting a Brazilian Blowout. I'm kinda excited. :smile: The process costs $300, which is cool. I usually tip 20% for hair/nail services... which in this case would be $60. Do I really give the girl who is doing the Brazilian Blowout for me (who I don't know -- I usually just get my nails done here and my hair done somewhere else) a tip of $60??? (getting highlights/cut for my hair is usually around $120, so I give a $25 tip... but $60 seems like sooo much!!)

What did you all do?

Thanks so much!!!!! :smile:

I tip 20% on the full price even though I don't pay full price. I also don't have my hairdresser wash and re-dry my hair after blow drying and flat ironing the solution into my hair. The whole thing takes her only about an hour. I think I tip way too much but now I'm too embarrassed to tip less. I would choose a reasonable amount that you feel comfortable with and tip that amount. Your hairdresser will appreciate it.

How did it turn out??

Hi all,

I don't post much here, but I read the posts all the time. :smile: Anyway, I just searched and searched and cannot locate the answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm FINALLY getting a Brazilian Blowout. I'm kinda excited. :smile: The process costs $300, which is cool. I usually tip 20% for hair/nail services... which in this case would be $60. Do I really give the girl who is doing the Brazilian Blowout for me (who I don't know -- I usually just get my nails done here and my hair done somewhere else) a tip of $60??? (getting highlights/cut for my hair is usually around $120, so I give a $25 tip... but $60 seems like sooo much!!)

What did you all do?

Thanks so much!!!!! :smile: