Tipping for a Brazilian Blowout...

Lyanna

Feb 19, 2006
NJ
Hi all,

I don't post much here, but I read the posts all the time. :smile: Anyway, I just searched and searched and cannot locate the answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm FINALLY getting a Brazilian Blowout. I'm kinda excited. :smile: The process costs $300, which is cool. I usually tip 20% for hair/nail services... which in this case would be $60. Do I really give the girl who is doing the Brazilian Blowout for me (who I don't know -- I usually just get my nails done here and my hair done somewhere else) a tip of $60??? (getting highlights/cut for my hair is usually around $120, so I give a $25 tip... but $60 seems like sooo much!!)

What did you all do?

Thanks so much!!!!! :smile:

lyse

Jun 2, 2008
Canada
I agree $60 seems like way to much.

Just decide before you go how much you plan on tipping so you don't have to worry about it at checkout.

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
I tip 20% on the full price even though I don't pay full price. I also don't have my hairdresser wash and re-dry my hair after blow drying and flat ironing the solution into my hair. The whole thing takes her only about an hour. I think I tip way too much but now I'm too embarrassed to tip less. I would choose a reasonable amount that you feel comfortable with and tip that amount. Your hairdresser will appreciate it.

Feb 1, 2006
How did it turn out??

Hi all,

I don't post much here, but I read the posts all the time. :smile: Anyway, I just searched and searched and cannot locate the answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm FINALLY getting a Brazilian Blowout. I'm kinda excited. :smile: The process costs $300, which is cool. I usually tip 20% for hair/nail services... which in this case would be $60. Do I really give the girl who is doing the Brazilian Blowout for me (who I don't know -- I usually just get my nails done here and my hair done somewhere else) a tip of $60??? (getting highlights/cut for my hair is usually around $120, so I give a $25 tip... but $60 seems like sooo much!!)

What did you all do?

Thanks so much!!!!! :smile: