Tip plasty - likelihood of revision

J Cn

Mar 21, 2013
Hi,

I'm interested in getting alar reduction, bulbous nose reduction (through removal of fat etc.) and possibly tip plasty (extension of the tip).

If I use septal (or ear) cartilage to extend the tip, how likely is it that I will need some sort of revision further down the line?

I know that with bridge augmentation, you have issues like infection, extrusion, warping, resorption etc. that lead to the necessity of revisions. On top of this, it seems material like silicone will always need revisions in the long-term regardless of whether there are any infections.

With tip extension using cartilage, apart from for aesthetic concerns, is it likely that I will need revision further down the line? I've read about the possibility of your nose tip drooping over time, is this common?

I'm assuming alar reduction and bulbous nose reduction (through removal of fat and stuff) doesn't really require revision (unless you dislike the look of it).

Also, can anyone go through in detail how tip plasty works? I've read about things like shield grafts etc. (mainly from K Couture) in the Asian Nose Job thread but it takes ages to find the smallest bit of information!

Also, if you get tip plasty, does that mean it is no longer advised to ever move your nose tip (e.g. when blowing your nose)? I imagine with alar reduction and bulbous nose reduction (through removing fat and tissue), there isn't this problem.

Hi there. I just had a D-up procedure done (bridge + nose). I don't think silicone necessary requires a replacement in its life. The tip? They took cartilage from the BACK (many pics show front, so it must vary by doc) ear for the tip. I think the revision rate is probably similar to many surgeries. I don't hear a lot about the tip specifically, and I read a lot on rhinos before having mine done. Would be happy to answer any and all questions.

Hi there. I just had a D-up procedure done (bridge + nose). I don't think silicone necessary requires a replacement in its life. The tip? They took cartilage from the BACK (many pics show front, so it must vary by doc) ear for the tip. I think the revision rate is probably similar to many surgeries. I don't hear a lot about the tip specifically, and I read a lot on rhinos before having mine done. Would be happy to answer any and all questions.
Have you got Kakao? I'd like to ask a few questions if you have time.