Tiny reveal + my tiny collection - Instant & i need your expert advise! Please help.

cherrycookies

Nov 21, 2012
my tiny reveal:

shoppingbags_zpsc57fce7c.jpg

love the packaging
chanelrevealbox_zpsa37f4fbd.jpg

not sure why the photo is turned the other way :P
camelliareveal_zps7974cd4f.jpg

my tiny collection of LV, Chanel & YSL & my dilemma: as you can see i am a big fan of small bags as i don't like to carry much with me, hate lugging heavy stuff. my biggest bag is my LV speedy 30 which is my throwabout bag, love that i don't have to take care of it unlike my chanels & ysl clutches.

i just want to buy 1 more bag ( last one) to add to my tiny collection. my HG bag is H kelly in red but i have given up on ever getting it from the stores and convinced myself 1 kelly can get me many other stuff instead. i think i need a bigger bag to add to my collection and fell in love with the bag on the very top. it cost as much as a flap, should i get it or get a popular choice like a flap? the bag is in calfskin, durable and it's big in case i ever need a bigger bag. a flap is like a small bag? the thing is am not a fan of flaps in big sizes like jumbo and the largest size i like for chanel flaps is a m/l

based on my tiny collection, would you get a flap which is like a small bag that i already have quite a few or the big bag i fell in love with? i am simply not in love with the classic flaps but i am afraid i will change my mind later and the prices would have increased like crazy though i am also afraid i will just leave the m/l flap in the closet and not use it as i don't love it now and love the rest of the bags in my tiny collection.

what is your advice? please help as this will be my last Chanel bag :crybaby:

family_zpse979c0cc.jpg

photo_zpscb31cc83.jpg

Last edited:
Nice red addition!!! Congrats!!!
One thing you got to remember is not everyone loves the classic flap.. it's okay.... you may be those people too... hahaha! I don't mean it in a bad way.. just the way people are... it's nothing wrong liking a seasonal Chanel... if it makes your heart beats faster... your palm sweaty and dream of chasing it all around your head... then sure go for it....
I think you have checked out the m/l and it's not up your alley as compared to the other Chanel bag you're eyeing.... we'll always think of the future price hike but you know what... that should'nt be a reason to buy a Chanel... buy a Chanel because you want (to carry) it... then you'll truly love it ;)

I completely agree with Fahrina. I fell in Love with Chanel after seeing the Chanel Cambon Tote. For years I then began to research all there is to know about Chanel. I recently decided to purchase my first Chanel bag, and after reading all comments on this forum started to believe I needed to purchase a Classic bag. I unlike you Cherrycookie, am obsessed with big bags so I decided to get a GST. I made up my mind and went to the store. However once I was there and looked at the bag and held it and tried it on, I realized I was not in love. I am a firm believer of Loving an item before I purchase it. The SA was great and showed me a similar bag that he thought I would like from the Cruise collection. As soon as I saw him pick it up, I fell in Love. So I decided against the GST, which is a classic and went for a Seasonal bag. I think I made the best decision. Moral of my story, go for what you love. This is going to be your bag not anyone else's. Do not buy a bag because it's the "IT" bag but you dont feel that its right for you. Buy a bag because it sang out to you and you fell head over heels with it. (A little dramatic but thats how I felt when I saw my bag) lol. Hope this helps, can't wait for your reveal of the bag you choose!!!

One thing you got to remember is not everyone loves the classic flap.. it's okay.... you may be those people too... hahaha! I don't mean it in a bad way.. just the way people are... it's nothing wrong liking a seasonal Chanel... if it makes your heart beats faster... your palm sweaty and dream of chasing it all around your head... then sure go for it....
I think you have checked out the m/l and it's not up your alley as compared to the other Chanel bag you're eyeing.... we'll always think of the future price hike but you know what... that should'nt be a reason to buy a Chanel... buy a Chanel because you want (to carry) it... then you'll truly love it ;)

my tiny collection of LV, Chanel & YSL & my dilemma: as you can see i am a big fan of small bags as i don't like to carry much with me, hate lugging heavy stuff. my biggest bag is my LV speedy 30 which is my throwabout bag, love that i don't have to take care of it unlike my chanels & ysl clutches.

i just want to buy 1 more bag ( last one) to add to my tiny collection. my HG bag is H kelly in red but i have given up on ever getting it from the stores and convinced myself 1 kelly can get me many other stuff instead. i think i need a bigger bag to add to my collection and fell in love with the bag on the very top. it cost as much as a flap, should i get it or get a popular choice like a flap? the bag is in calfskin, durable and it's big in case i ever need a bigger bag. a flap is like a small bag? the thing is am not a fan of flaps in big sizes like jumbo and the largest size i like for chanel flaps is a m/l

based on my tiny collection, would you get a flap which is like a small bag that i already have quite a few or the big bag i fell in love with? i am simply not in love with the classic flaps but i am afraid i will change my mind later and the prices would have increased like crazy though i am also afraid i will just leave the m/l flap in the closet and not use it as i don't love it now and love the rest of the bags in my tiny collection.

what is your advice? please help as this will be my last Chanel bag :crybaby:

family_zpse979c0cc.jpg

photo_zpscb31cc83.jpg

Lovely new addition to your family (congrats!) and I agree with the above posters; buy what you love, not what you think you should buy based on what others like. :smile:

love the camellia woc! great collection
I wouldnt buy a flap if you dont think you will use it...I dont particularly like the big chanel you posted, but buy what YOU love! what about a preloved hermes kelly?

OMG, you described exactly how i feel when i bought my Chanel bags :P
you are so right!

i am always posting on how everyone should buy what they absolutely love, i should heed my own advice :roflmfao:

I completely agree with Fahrina. I fell in Love with Chanel after seeing the Chanel Cambon Tote. For years I then began to research all there is to know about Chanel. I recently decided to purchase my first Chanel bag, and after reading all comments on this forum started to believe I needed to purchase a Classic bag. I unlike you Cherrycookie, am obsessed with big bags so I decided to get a GST. I made up my mind and went to the store. However once I was there and looked at the bag and held it and tried it on, I realized I was not in love. I am a firm believer of Loving an item before I purchase it. The SA was great and showed me a similar bag that he thought I would like from the Cruise collection. As soon as I saw him pick it up, I fell in Love. So I decided against the GST, which is a classic and went for a Seasonal bag. I think I made the best decision. Moral of my story, go for what you love. This is going to be your bag not anyone else's. Do not buy a bag because it's the "IT" bag but you dont feel that its right for you. Buy a bag because it sang out to you and you fell head over heels with it. (A little dramatic but thats how I felt when I saw my bag) lol. Hope this helps, can't wait for your reveal of the bag you choose!!!

great advice! you described my dilemma aptly. i was influenced by how everyone is mostly getting classics but i am just not feeling the love for them. i am afraid i will regret in the future or perhaps i am missing out something but i should buy what's right for me and what i love now :smile:

love the camellia woc! great collection
I wouldnt buy a flap if you dont think you will use it...I dont particularly like the big chanel you posted, but buy what YOU love! what about a preloved hermes kelly?

thanks! my 1st attempt on getting preloved was a bad experience. i once bought a vintage Chanel flap and returned it on the same day with alot of trouble from the seller (long story). the condition was nothing like what was descibed and on the photos plus it has a very strong unpleasant odour that i immediately washed my hands after touching it and put it back in the box with all the other packaging. from then onwards, i simply refused to buy pre-loved. the seller stated the bag has no odour but :sick:

it's tempting as i still look at H Kelly in red preloved on the websites but i still prefer to get it in the stores as i think i have OCD :P prefer to touch, smell the bag before buying :P

i am probably not going to make another Chanel purchase till my upcoming Europe trip since i am still undecided. i think ( i hope) even with the price increases, Chanel is about the same price I pay now in my local stores. maybe i get lucky in the H stores in Europe though i doubt so as red kellys are hard to come by in the stores & i don't want other colours or maybe settle for black, my 2nd choice as i read they are easier to get.

Hi Cherrycookies, I think you should go with your heart. I mean how can you go wrong if you trust your heart and instincts? I just joined this amazing group of women in December. Until now I had never really thought about classics, seasonals, types of leathers, wearing a white classic with dark jeans, I just enjoyed my bags - all of them. I always buy from my heart and now, looking at what I've collected over the last 10 plus years I am still very happy. I still love each Chanel and remember when and where I bought each one.

I wish you the very best when you buy your next purse, and I wish you joy when you use it!