Tiny difference in buyers address, what to do?

aimond

O.G.
May 5, 2009
Hello,

My buyer has paid and address linked to paypal account. Buyer has contacted me to check the address and has given me the exact same address apart from small difference. The address on her paypal transaction has no apartment no. I usually just ship to the address on the paypal transaction, what should I advise buyer to do, can I ship with this minor change? Any help would be appreciated

One has an apartment number and one doesn't? Surely you should ship to the most complete address (less chance of the parcel getting lost). But really, just contact the seller and tell her of the "error" on her paypal address and have her confirm. I don't see the big deal here - they are not different apartment numbers, right?

I'm just worried if a paypal dispute came up, would it affect it if I hadn't sent to the address as listed on paypal? Nope not different apartment numbers, just the address listed on paypal didn't have an apartment number.

I would still contact the seller. Ask them if they will still received it without the apartment number? I would also ring Paypal if you are that uncomfortable.

I think I'd print the shipping label directly from Paypal as it's shown and hand-write in the apartment number next to the address.

That way, in the event of a dispute, paypal will see that you shipped to the approved address and you'll be covered.

Incidently, I've had occasions where while printing a shipping label, a pop-up box appears and states something to the effect of "USPS suggests that the address should be....."

In these cases, you aren't able to print the label as shown and must make the changes.

In most cases, it's a change of zip code for the city. (USPS frequently changes zip codes although shipping addresses aren't really changing.) Or in other cases, the address might have come through at "123 North Main Street" and the it will tell you it should be "123 No Main St."

Since you aren't really changing the shipping address, but rather just changing the way it's displayed, you aren't losing your protection.

One has an apartment number and one doesn't? Surely you should ship to the most complete address (less chance of the parcel getting lost). But really, just contact the seller and tell her of the "error" on her paypal address and have her confirm. I don't see the big deal here - they are not different apartment numbers, right?
http://zhoping.com
it's not a problem dear
just follow 5elle advise
more complete address is better :smile:

I think I'd print the shipping label directly from Paypal as it's shown and hand-write in the apartment number next to the address.

That way, in the event of a dispute, paypal will see that you shipped to the approved address and you'll be covered.

Incidently, I've had occasions where while printing a shipping label, a pop-up box appears and states something to the effect of "USPS suggests that the address should be....."

In these cases, you aren't able to print the label as shown and must make the changes.

In most cases, it's a change of zip code for the city. (USPS frequently changes zip codes although shipping addresses aren't really changing.) Or in other cases, the address might have come through at "123 North Main Street" and the it will tell you it should be "123 No Main St."

Since you aren't really changing the shipping address, but rather just changing the way it's displayed, you aren't losing your protection.
Whenever I see a post coming from you - I pay special attention. Love all your advise and information!

This is excellent advice.