tinted car windows

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
does anyone here have tinted side windows? I'm thinking of doing this to protect my skin from the sun. Her in So Cal we are limited as to how dark it can be so it wouldn't be very dark. My DH is concerned that it would interfere with vision at night

anyone here have experience with the window films?

I have all of my windows tinted to the maximum allowed capacity! (It was a gift from my husband, I wasn't really specific on what I wanted and he basically chose the specs for me)

I also live in So Cal. It definitely helps protect your skin and the heat from the sun especially! :biggrin: Before, when my windows were not tinted, my car would get so hot when parked outside (and I have a white car too). Now it feels so much better.

Driving at night isn't really an issue. I was initially concerned about that too, but I don't feel incapacitated in any way. Also, I realized it actually really helps with all the car lights from opposite streets. Because of the tint, the lights from other cars aren't that bright and don't hurt my eyes as much. :tup:

Highly suggest window tint. It also prevents people from being able to easily see into your car and potential break-ins!

• Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
I have all of my windows tinted to the maximum allowed capacity! (It was a gift from my husband, I wasn't really specific on what I wanted and he basically chose the specs for me)

I also live in So Cal. It definitely helps protect your skin and the heat from the sun especially! :biggrin: Before, when my windows were not tinted, my car would get so hot when parked outside (and I have a white car too). Now it feels so much better.

Driving at night isn't really an issue. I was initially concerned about that too, but I don't feel incapacitated in any way. Also, I realized it actually really helps with all the car lights from opposite streets. Because of the tint, the lights from other cars aren't that bright and don't hurt my eyes as much. :tup:

Highly suggest window tint. It also prevents people from being able to easily see into your car and potential break-ins!
I’ve heard the opposite. Criminals assume you have good stuff on board that you’re trying to hide and are actually more likely to break into cars with tinted windows.

does anyone here have tinted side windows? I'm thinking of doing this to protect my skin from the sun. Her in So Cal we are limited as to how dark it can be so it wouldn't be very dark. My DH is concerned that it would interfere with vision at night

anyone here have experience with the window films?

Be sure to double check the CVC on front tint in CA. DH has been pulled over before and ticketed. I think you can get aftermarket tint, though the darkness is what may result in a ticket.

Hey there, I'm pretty new on this forum, and I'm glad to be here! I know this post is old, but I just wanted to chime in. I live in So Cal too, and I feel you about the sun being brutal. I've got tinted side windows in my car, and I gotta say, they're a lifesaver.
I think here in so cal you're limited on how dark the side ones can be....saw someone yesterday with very black ones and didn't seem right

How long does the tint last?

The tint is not a paint, it's actually a transparent wrap, kind of like a vinyl sticker that stuck on the inside of the glass.

How long the tint wrap lasts depends on the quality of the material, how well it was put on, and the temperature of the environment.

The most important part is the application. It needs to be put on a very clean and smooth surface, sprayed down with water and carefully smoothed out so that there are no air bubbles or wrinkles.
Then all the windows need to be closed and sit outside on a warm summer day for at least 3 days so that the water evaporates and it forms an airtight seal.

My husband bought the highest quality of tint material for my car and it was tinted in March 2018. It is still perfect. No peeling, bubbling, wrinkling or discoloration.

Reactions: sdkitty