Tina Fey's husband reveals story behind her facial scar

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
I'm actually surprised that he revealed this, because she has never talked about it publicly herself, but I have to admit I have always been curiuos. How horrible for this to happen at all, but to a 5 year old!!!

Tina Fey's husband is talking about something the "30 Rock" actress would rather not discuss: the scar on her left cheek.
In an interview in Vanity Fair, Jeff Richmond says a stranger slashed Fey's face when she was 5 years old. He says the incident occurred in the front yard of her house.
Says Richmond: "That scar was fascinating to me. This is somebody who, no matter what it was, has gone through something. And I think it really informs the way she thinks about her life."

Fey says talking about the attack would seem like exploiting it.
Says Fey: "It's really almost like I'm able to forget about it, until I was on-camera, and it became a thing of `Oh, I guess we should use this side' or whatever. Everybody's got a better side."

That is truly bizarre and unfortunate. Yes, I've noticed her scar but her beauty outshines anything physical. Ok, enough of the cheesiness, she's freakin' hilarious!!!

^^I doubt it was like a stranger appeared out of nowhere, slashed her and ran off. I'm sure there's more to the story but that's the jist of it.

. . . very interesting. How scary for a little girl!

that is incredibly f*cked up. i'm sure the scar is not only physical. it's great that she didn't let that incident effect her negatively, and she's obviously a well adjusted person.

i have a facial scar too. i like to see women who are considered 'pretty' and who are successful who have them too. because it's hard for me to accept that no matter how pretty i try and make myself, my facial scar will always stop me from being unscarred, unblemished, and no one woman who has a facial scar will ever be considered typically 'beautiful'. she can only hope to be pretty, or good looking despite it.

lol, tina is lucky that her scar is on her 'bad side'. my scar is unfortunately on my 'good side'. so, i either hide the scar and look terrible and wonky otherwise, or show it and look a little more symmetrical. ahhh.

:choochoo:

i have a facial scar too. i like to see women who are considered 'pretty' and who are successful who have them too. because it's hard for me to accept that no matter how pretty i try and make myself, my facial scar will always stop me from being unscarred, unblemished, and no one woman who has a facial scar will ever be considered typically 'beautiful'. she can only hope to be pretty, or good looking despite it.

i think facial scars are absolutely beautiful...perfection is seriously over-rated...

i think facial scars are absolutely beautiful...perfection is seriously over-rated...
THis is a beautiful statement! I totally agree. I feel bad that it happened to her the way it did though....but yeah I seriously never noticed it either. She's absolutely beautiful and so talented! And MichelleA, yes you can absolutely be GORGEOUS despite a scar...I'm sure you are.