Timeless/Classic colors...

What about metallics? I've been seeing so much metallics, thought they'd be out two seasons ago, but they keep showing up. I don't usually care for them but do you think they're here to stay? I like a muted platinum gold or dark subdued pewter, but will it look dated in 5-10 years?

And purples? I love purple, but will it be passé in a couple years because they're this year's It color?

What do you ladies think?

IMHO,it's about what compliments yourself and your wardrobe. I love purple. Love purple jewelry, purple shoes, purple clothes(not at the same time mind you! LOL) so it seems natural that I will want to use a purple bag regardless of it being "in" or "out" Same goes for metallics really..but IMO, the key is classic styles/classic hardware. KWIM?

^^ True enough. But what about a metallic purple, like this one? Is that too much? I'm waiting to see the leather IRL; I've heard it doesn't photograph well, so I'm reserving judgment for now. If it wasn't metallic, I would have no qualms buying this shade of purple. But with the metallic finish... I dunno:hrmm:

What do you think?

Attachments

• Pre-order file US customers1shrink_Page_07.jpg
    Pre-order file US customers1shrink_Page_07.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 50
^ that looks like a gorgeous color. I usually stick to small clutches with metallics, so that would be too much for me. But, I think that color is TDF. I bet it would look stunning with black.

The most important thing though (as cliché as it sounds) is that YOU love it.

I think a color cannot be trendy or classic, it's just a color, IMO. I think it comes down to the individual wardrobe, what has longevity in person A's wardrobe vs. person B. For someone that doesn't wear a lot of black or like black bags, a black bag isn't timeless.
For me any color if the style is right except for neon pink and green :lol:

^^ I'll agree with PursePrincess.

Personally, my colors are black and white, it is my "forever" colors. I've never really pulled off any other colors 100% with my wardrobe/makeup (including brown or gray bags!) but I always give it a go if I love the style...

I think a color cannot be trendy or classic, it's just a color, IMO. I think it comes down to the individual wardrobe, what has longevity in person A's wardrobe vs. person B. For someone that doesn't wear a lot of black or like black bags, a black bag isn't timeless.
For me any color if the style is right except for neon pink and green :lol:

:tup: My sentiments exactly