Timeless/Classic colors...

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
NY
Today,I was wondering to myself what colors in purses are generally considered classics or timeless.I love all the new S/S colors but will you still be able to wear any of them 5 years from now?

IMO black,brown,white/ivory,tan and red.

What do you think?

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
-black
-brown
-tan
-beige
-red
-burgundy
-olive
-white

I think the brighter colors can be worn indefinitely as long as they're more muted, as in not overly saturated or acidic in tone.

TheGirlGotSoul

Marc Jacobs Fangirl
Dec 17, 2006
Providence, RI
I think Grey is the most amazing, timeless color. I personally don't own any black, brown or white bags, but I have 4 grey bags.

It's such a versatile color!

dierregi

Maniaca delle borse
Jan 16, 2008
Brussels and Genova
Any shade of brown and beige looks timeless. Also burgundy, red, grey and cream. I don't wear much black and don't own any black bag. I dread the all-black look.

Mar 17, 2007
I agree with everyone. Black, brown, red, cognac, grey, and wine. However I think bright color bags go in and out, so somewhere along the line, I think it's bound to come back again. That's why I have every color of the rainbow (or at least am trying to).

JAP4life

O.G.
Nov 14, 2005
Steeler Town
For me bright color will be in as long as I like to wear them. Adding bright colored purses to a classic,tailored outfit always works for me.