Timeless/Classic colors...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Today,I was wondering to myself what colors in purses are generally considered classics or timeless.I love all the new S/S colors but will you still be able to wear any of them 5 years from now?

IMO black,brown,white/ivory,tan and red.

What do you think?

2. -black
    -brown
    -tan
    -beige
    -red
    -burgundy
    -olive
    -white

I think the brighter colors can be worn indefinitely as long as they're more muted, as in not overly saturated or acidic in tone.

3. I also think that they shouldn't be in "Neon" colors.

4. Navy blue - always underappreciated imo!!

5. I agree...burgundy and navy.

6. I love black, brown, white, and navy as classic

7. for sure!

also, grey IMO.

8. I think Grey is the most amazing, timeless color. I personally don't own any black, brown or white bags, but I have 4 grey bags.

It's such a versatile color!

9. Black
    Any shade of brown
    Emerald/Dark Green
    True Red
    Wine/Bordeaux/Burgundy
    Cream/White
    Navy Blue
    Gray

10. Any shade of brown and beige looks timeless. Also burgundy, red, grey and cream. I don't wear much black and don't own any black bag. I dread the all-black look.

11. I agree with everyone. Black, brown, red, cognac, grey, and wine. However I think bright color bags go in and out, so somewhere along the line, I think it's bound to come back again. That's why I have every color of the rainbow (or at least am trying to).

12. For me bright color will be in as long as I like to wear them. Adding bright colored purses to a classic,tailored outfit always works for me.

13. I'll just add that high quality, tasteful hardware also adds to how classic/timeless a bag is.

14. I agree. As for the colours:

black,
    white,
    brown,
    tan.

All other coulours can also be timeless as long as they are muted, as someone already mentioned, not too bright. Of course, I love brightly coloured bags, but I don't think they are timeless.

15. And yeah, I don't like red at all.