Timeless/Classic colors...

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
Today,I was wondering to myself what colors in purses are generally considered classics or timeless.I love all the new S/S colors but will you still be able to wear any of them 5 years from now?

IMO black,brown,white/ivory,tan and red.

What do you think?

-black
-brown
-tan
-beige
-red
-burgundy
-olive
-white

I think the brighter colors can be worn indefinitely as long as they're more muted, as in not overly saturated or acidic in tone.

Any shade of brown and beige looks timeless. Also burgundy, red, grey and cream. I don't wear much black and don't own any black bag. I dread the all-black look.

I agree with everyone. Black, brown, red, cognac, grey, and wine. However I think bright color bags go in and out, so somewhere along the line, I think it's bound to come back again. That's why I have every color of the rainbow (or at least am trying to).

I'll just add that high quality, tasteful hardware also adds to how classic/timeless a bag is.

I agree. As for the colours:

black,
white,
brown,
tan.

All other coulours can also be timeless as long as they are muted, as someone already mentioned, not too bright. Of course, I love brightly coloured bags, but I don't think they are timeless.