Timeless CC Tote-buy or not?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

I would love some advice. What do you think of the Timeless CC Soft Tote? Picture attached borrowed from spotted fashion. I am considering buying a pre-loved mint one and as you know, it's now discontinued. I was in NM today and the SA there said it is a very dated style! I think it's beautiful and very classic. I think it would be a good travel purse as I heard it has a strong magnetic clasp even though it doesn't have a zipper. What do you think? My Saks SA told me a new tote will come out later this year but she has no info on size, colours, etc. should I wait for that instead?

Thanks so much!

Attached Files:

2. I forgot to say that the tote I'm considering getting isn't red, but a dark pink.

3. I think I would wait...I just think this is subpar to the GST. What about the Cerf Tote? There is a new tote that just came out for sorting/summer that looks nice but I cannot remember what it is called...

4. I think there were 2 very similar versions that were released around the same time. The one you have pictured does have a zipper compartment in the center.

5. Wait and see what's new coming up
    Make comparison

6. I like it. I have a feeling if they reintroduced this exact bag, the SA would say Oh, yes, it is very modern and trendy! SA wants you to buy new from him/her. Do you like it? That is the main thing.

7. I really like this style! If you love it, get it :smile:

8. I really love the look of this bag and think it's much for functional than the gst. But it wouldn't hurt to wait and see either.

9. I have this in the black and it's a great, easily wearable and functionable bag. Don't let one SA's advice sway you-most of us are more on top of the Chanel news than they are!

10. I think it has a very classic look to it. If you like it then you should get it. Totes are very practical!

11. I agree with gail13. Many of those on this forum proven themselves knowing much more than any and all of the SAs I buy from. I think this look more classic and timeless than most of the tote bags I've seen since I fell in love with Chanel September 2015. I cannot understand how this functional and timeless (with great proportion and design though at the same time) tote would look "dated". I also want to add that this tote's RED is a very saturated looking and beautifully bright - such a gorgeous shade.

12. What I love about this style is that is fits under your arm so easily....and there are pockets!

Some people don't care for any logo's on their bags and that's a personal choice. Chanel has other iconic styles with logos -the petit shopper, the GST, and the new CC Filagree bag this season has them too. I bet you are getting for a great price!

13. Okay I feel that they're coming out with so many new totes...also they've got lovely colours.
    I'd wait it out for another tote !

14. I have this bag in Black and Red and I LOVE it. Does not slip off my arm like the GST. It really comes down to what you prefer. And your SA is wrong, it is not a dated style :smile:

15. This is the Tote I just bought from the Store since they still had this style. Although it is not the same as the Red one, this is also called the Timeless Tote. It has a snap closure and two snap pockets on the outside. I don't think it is dated and it is the most comfortable tote while shopping and running errands. There is a newer version that came out and although it is gorgeous, it is priced at $4600 compared to $3100 for this one.

Sorry pic. is on the next post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice