Time With a Twist: Reverso Jaeger-LeCoultre Thread

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello!

I noticed that TPF is friends with the Reverso.
    Lets see, if we can bring a thread to life.

for the start:
    Does owning a Jaeger-LeCoultre make you cool?

Jaeger-LeCoultre is owned by "Richemont". Here you can watch the presentation of their annual results.
    The presentation is interesting. It draws the big picture, including Q&A!

I am currently exploring different models. The one pictured is the Classic. I tried it on my wrist yesterday. It loved my back so much. :heart:
    RP: 5250 €

Attached Files:

2. Great thread! I love the Reverso too. Can't wait to see more photos on it from others.

lovely_bag likes this.
  3. Ahem. TPF is not really into JLC watches. :hrmm:

4. I am :smile: And this is the exact model that I'm planning to purchase. It's a great size, sits nicely on the wrist, is very understated and is a classic! It's perfect!

M.Dressler and lovely_bag like this.
  5. I got it! :panic:

The market is not as big as lets say the market for 2nd hand Rolex watches, but there is a steady flow.
    I had to wait 1 month until I got the call from my official watch dealer in Vienna.

It is a model from the 1990's, including the original JLC box.
    The watch is truly elegant and yes @Purple Jumper I love how it sits on the wrist, too. :love:

I will post pictures soon.

6. I have been a Jeager Reverso Fan since 2009 thanks to my husband. im sure there are more out there in the collection not as much as rolex though for sure. :P

I always wear mine in a satin strap. just so divine. :heart:

[​IMG]

7. It's beautiful!
    We might like the same designs and pieces of jewellery. Your ring reminds me of my new ring. (channel setting)

8. Nice to hear that you are in Vienna too!

I have a Reverso GT, not really a lady's watch, but I wanted a seconds hand as I love the flowing movement of it on mechanical watches. Will post a pic later perhaps

papertiger likes this.
  9. I am too. I don't have a Reverso but I'd love one, it'd be my HG

Julide likes this.
  10. Here is my Reverso GT in Action.

IMG_1479328837.882315.jpg

IMG_1479328853.583029.jpg

11. Hi !

The OP ( me! = finally managed to post photo :smile:)
    Nice to here I am not alone with my love for the Reverso.

Tonight I finally managed to take a photo, the Reverso Classique feels just right in my wrist.
    We were meant to be together :smile:
    Not that I don't like the sturdy stainless steel Rolex. But for days like today, where I spent most of the day in museums and cafés, the Reverso is a wonderful companion.

I can endlessly sit over decisions. Not this time!
    Sometimes I get the feeling I was born too late. With the Rolex I deliberately bought a 2nd hand model because the newer designs were chunkier and I like the slimmer, lighter designs better.
    Same goes for the Reverso: The Classique (in production until very recently) is a little 1-2mm smaller than the "Classic" in
    Medium.

I am wearing the Classique.

PS: Oh, @CrackBerryCream you work for Boulesse? What a nice coincidence! I "know" the wonderful Ms B. from her Blog, glossytimes and remember when she started Boulesse. :smile:) Greetings! :heart:

SDIM2178 Kopie.jpg Ohne Titel 2.png SDIM2174 Kopie.jpg

12. There are so many preloved Reverso available at authorised dealers right now. In less than a month my dealer had one at his hands, including original box and papers.

I guess women will have this watch on their radar, it might become more popular and prices might go up.
    Now might be a good time ...

I would say there is no need to buy a new watch, when you decide to buy a mechanical watch (as long as it does not date back to the 1950 or earlier) :smile:

13. :hugs:

Thank you so much I think you're correct but all my cash is spoken for, for a little while. I also have quite a few excellent watches including a perfect little JLC from the 1950s so it makes a decision to buy another just a little harder for a while. I will get one, one day XXX

14. Perfect!
    I'd go for one I could wear everyday too, it looks great on you

15. Thank you!
    Oh, I hope I did not offend you - or anyone - when I said "(as long as it does not date back to the 1950 or earlier)" - now that I hear you own a watch from that period. I would love to see how it looks.
    It's just that all the available 2nd hand watches that were older, were in no good condition.
    I am sure you take good care of your watch. :smile: