Time to stop being denial. Need some comforting now.. :(

ibiza

O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
As some of you might have noticed, I started a thread earlier regarding my new purchase..(http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/question-on-new-classic-flap-492857.html)
What I didn't mentioned was some concern regarding some flaws which I spotted on this bag. Cos the fact is, I had actually been trying to convince myself that "it's not that bad"..."I can live with that" and that "I should just enjoy my new bag!"

I purchased this bag from a Chanel boutique in the US with the help of a wonderful SA recommended by TPF members here.
So firstly, it's a hassle to return/exchange having to send the bag back to the US from Australia. I'm not even sure if the exchange could be done in the first place as this is the first time I purchased a bag from an overseas Chanel boutique. :sad:
Secondly, the SA has been really wonderful. So I feel bad to let the SA know that I am unhappy with the quality of this bag knowing that the bag was checked by the SA before sending it to me.
And thirdly, the SA had actually ordered the bag from another store. So I wonder if it's going to be easy to locate another one for me should I return and request for an exchange. :sad:
....These are the reasons why I had to convince myself that the flaws are "ok".

It's 4am+ over here and I just couldn't sleep thinking about this. So I brought the bag out again. This time I realised I couldn't be denial anymore. The flaw is quite bad! Infact, I found another peeling part.

Basicly, there are 3 concern areas:
ALL same sides..
~ 1 and 2 on same line.
~ 3 next line.

1 - tearing part due to overstretched leather from sticthing
2 - tearing part almost resulting like a sliced part but still intact
3 - overstreched leather from stitching causing peeling

I'm trying my best to describe them. Hopefully you can try to understand/make up what I'm trying to say.. :sad:

I will let the photos do the talking. Any kind of feedback, advices, comfort words would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANK YOU! :cry:

Attachments

• peeling2.jpg
    peeling2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 341
  • peeling.jpg
    peeling.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 338
  • flaw 1&2.jpg
    flaw 1&2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 368
  • flaw 1&2 from the top.jpg
    flaw 1&2 from the top.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 369
  • flaw1.jpg
    flaw1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Dont blame you about feeling this way the Last 2 pictures are a bit scary, you should email them to your SA so she can see them, and perhaps she can find you another one or give you a discount.

The more I look at these photos as I am trying to add those captions, the more I realised how delusion I was trying to convince myself these are okay..

P.s: I'm going to try get some sleep now as it's already 5am+
Once again, your true opinion, advices would be greatly appreciated in order to help me decide if I should contact the SA when I wakes up later..
Thanks in advance! :cry:

Attachments

• flaw2.jpg
    flaw2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 180
I 2nd thegraceful1's advice! You need to get the ball rolling ASAP...there should be "no settling" when it comes to Chanel products. I would like to think we're paying for quality and the company should we aware of such defects so they can correct them to maintain their status. Good Luck!

Don't stress hon. Don't worry about contacting your SA. These problems obviously warrant an immediate exchange. It may be a pain to have to send it back, but you deserve a better bag so contact your SA and get a new one.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for you! I would definetly send this pics to the shop and tell them your concerns. Maybe they have a resolution. (maybe you can exchange/bring back the bag in an Australian boutique)
Good luck!

Is this the Medium Red Caviar with light gold hardware? If so, I just saw one at Nordstrom and I believe at Neimans so you should have absolutely no problem locating another one. I can give you the info for these stores and a wonderful SA that can help you. I agree that these are defects that you should not settle for! I know how picky I am with bags and when you pay this much, you should be getting a bag that you are 100% satisfied with. But don't worry. It will all work out :smile: I think you should send this bag back for sure and see if the SA you worked with can locate another for you. If not, then lemme know and I will give you the info on the stores I saw the bag at. I live in Los Angeles.

I agree with all of the ladies...please send this bag back ASAP! The defects/issues as you have shown are too many to live with (even one is too many at this price point). If the SA is as nice and wonderful as you say, she will certainly have no issues with taking this bag back, getting you another or simply refunding your money. Good Luck.

oh my goodness, don't ever talk yourself into keeping a bag with flaws! The price you paid was for a bag in brand new condition. That's what you should get.

If you send those pictures to the SA she will understand why you want to return it.

Good luck!

Those problems are only going to get worse. Your SA should have no problem receiving this bag back. But do not delay, contact them inmediately and send it back insured and the fastest way you can afford., I am sure they will take care of it for you. GL

:hugs: I'm sorry about your new Chanel and I can definitely see the flaws clearly. I'd contact the SA immediately so that an exchange or return can be arranged.

Hopefully the problem can be resolved and please keep us updated.

Oh no, I've just read your other thread and left a comment. So sorry to read this.
I agree with the others, I'd contact the SA immediately and ask for a exchange or a return.
Good luck and please keep us updated ;).